Regrets.

Regrets.

A Chapter by Delana

I sat in the drivers seat, staring out the window, not really paying attention to the roads, I had the roads memorized into my brain. In the passenger sear, Alina sat still and calm. I could feel the hot heat on my cheeks coming from the air vents i nthe car. Alina looked to be freezing...I listened to her think for awhile. Sometimes trying to ignore her thoughts because I felt like I shouldn't intrude, but...I couldn't help myself. Her thoughts were entertaining, amusing, fascinating. The way she thinks is just...diffrent from regular human girls. Other human girls might think, "O.M.G. This is just totally awesome! I get to hang out with the hottest guy in school!" (I know that sounds egotistic, but I'm just saying what I hear all the girls in the school think! Promise!), but this girl...she rather think about...life...the future...what tomorrow holds for her...who she will be...what she will do when she gets older. Everything.

I sighed, purposely.

Alina awoke from her thoughts."Getting bored with me already?" she responded, smiling.

"Nah, never. What do you feel like doing?" I asked, still looking out the window.

"Well, first...I'd like you to look at the road...And second, I'm up for anything!"

I laughed. "Fine...And okay...What about...the woods?" I glanced at her.

"Sounds fantastic to me." she replied, looking into my eyes. I stared back at her. And then...I lost my focus...for the second time that day...We both couldn't seem to pull away from the gaze...When I looked into her eyes, it was like...like I was looking into her soul...who she really was...Wait...NO!...If I can tell who she really is, then that means...she can tell who I really am!...She can't know the things I've done...the things I'll never forgive myself for...I looked away from her fast. And looked back at the road, and when I did...I realized we weren't on the right side of the road...And there was a huge truck coming straight towards us...I immediately unbuckled Alina, grabbed her by the waist, broke the passenger door open, and fell onto the grass, with Alina on top of me, in less than five seconds. I heard Alina gasping for air. And then...a truck honk and a crash. But it wasn't the car crashing with the huge truck...It was the car crashing with the railing around the roads. The truck had safely made it across to the other side of the road and avoided the car. The truck just kept driving on...I looked in front of me and there laid Alina.

"Alina?!...Are you alright?!...Alina!!" I cried. Then, she moved, pressing her hand on my chest to push herself up and figure out where she was.

"W-what?...What happened?....You..." she stuttered.

"I got us out of the car." I admitted.

"H-how?"

"I...grabbed you and jumped out."

"But...there wasn't enough time...You would've had to have been Superman to be THAT fast!"

"...I know. It's okay, don't worry. You're fine now, I promise. Nothings going to hurt you. Not while I'm here..."

"Asher...what are you lieing to me about?! I KNOW theres no way you could've doen that! I KNOW THERES NOT! EXPLAIN! NOW." she screamed. We still hadn't moved from the position we were in. She still hovered over me, her beautiful hair falling into her face, touching my cheeks, lightly. The only thing diffrent was...she had tears in her eyes this time...

"I-I'm the one hurting you...Aren't I?...By not telling you the truth?..." I asked her, staring away from her, ashamed..and scared..to look her in the eyes.

"YES! Now what's going on?!"

"I can't tell you...If I do...You'll be in danger...Trust me. It's better that you don't know. Just trust me. PLEASE." I pleaded with her.

"Asher. Now!"

"I can't..I can't! I CAN NOT PUT YOU AT RISK OVER SOMETHING SO...STUPID!!!!" I yelled. Silence...Crap...

"Alina...I didn't mean to...Look...I can' tell you why I'm so fast. And I really don't need you to ask questions...Just...go with it for awhile?...Please...For me..." I reasoned.

"...Why do I care about this stranger so much anyways?...Is it because of the butterflies I get in my stomach when we look each other in the eyes?...I mean...I've gotten that before with other guys, but it's never been THIS strong...SO strong...It's so strong it almost hurts sometimes...But what do I do?....Trust him?....I guess I'll have to...No matter how much it kills me not knowing what hes lieing about to me..." she thought straight to herself.

"Alina?" I said, acting casual.

"......No, Asher......I want to know what you're lieing about....or....or...." she paused.

"Oh, God...It's going to kill me to say this....Oh, God!" her thought was nearly a cry. I felt like I really was killing her by lieing to her....

She continued, ".......Or.......I don't want to see you ever again......If-If-If...were g-going to t-trust e-each other-r-r....w-we have t-t-to be honest t-to!......." she sobbed, stuttering. I am killing her, I realized.

"...Alina...." I looked her in the eyes, she looked back...just staring, distantly.

"....Okay....Okay, Alina....You want the truth?..." I asked.

'Forget regrets. Shes all I'll ever need...I just know it..." I thought to myself.

She nodded to me.

"...I....I....I'm a.....I'm a uhhhh.....a uhhh....I'm a vampire, Alina. Don't be scared. Please. I won't hurt you, I promise. I'd never even think of hurting you! I couldn't if  I wanted to! Just...let me explain." I said.

"Go ahead?" she said, calmly. Which took me by surprise.

"....I was made into a vampire around two-hundred and fifty years ago...."

 



© 2010 Delana


Author's Note

Delana
I hope you gusy really liek this chapter, it's been awhile since I posted anything, so I posted A LOT this time. Let's see what happens with Alina and Asher i nthe next chapter, shall we? Comment or message me and let me know what you think about the stroy, thanks guys! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

327 Views
Added on August 14, 2010
Last Updated on August 14, 2010


Author

Delana
Delana

Memphis, TN



About
Hey there. You can call me Delana, but I prefer Lana. I'm new to the site, and I'm trying my best to get better at it. I've always loved writing, and I'm trying to get better at it. So if you see one .. more..

Writing
The Beginning. The Beginning.

A Chapter by Delana