Glimpse of an Exodus

Glimpse of an Exodus

A Story by Rev. Jr

The red and yellow flames burst to life on the blade of his sword. The High Elf Warrior stretched out his arm. Thrusting the blade towards the heavens. The flames seemed to be enraged as they grew into a pillar that shot out and Climbed the evening sky. It came crashing down onto the mass of soldiers that filled the valley.
 Horrifying screams of pain broke through the thundering of their banging armor and eerie War cry's. It seemed that all the evil races of Midithar had come together. Armed themselves and were now clawing their way towards the civilized races.

 From scrawny Goblins clothed in rusty armor to Ogres barely dressed in tattered leathers. Even the Orcs showed. Dressed in their full metal suits of Blackened armor. 
The vast, motley crowds tore across the field. Pressing onward towards the City of Tapsis. The Capital of the Elvish Universities.
The Vanguard of Elvish warriors sent to stop the insurgency were vastly outnumbered. They reverted to guerrilla  like tactics. In an effort to slow the flow of monsters that inched their way towards the city. 

A pack of Wood Elf, Wolf Travelers, rode parallel to the mass of aberrant creatures, shooting their arrows into the ranks. Frustrating howls of pain came from the beasts. The wounded fell to be trampled to death. Others moved from the center of the mass to take their places in line.
 Their numbers seemed endless. With their teeth gnashing and phlegm spewing from their mouths. They fanatically raced to keep pace with each other.

 Rising up from the center of the mass. A dark, well armored creature climbed into the air. The power of it's evil was so overwhelming that the Elve's senses went wild with warning. Great leathery wings spread from his back. A ball of fire shot from his hand and swirled through the air. It struck the ground in between a couple of wolves. The elves hung tight as their canine friends navigated around the exploding magical flames.....

© 2016 Rev. Jr


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Check out my new story. I Lost Access to this account. "A Story from Midithar"

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
1 Review
Added on December 13, 2015
Last Updated on January 19, 2016

Author

Rev. Jr
Rev. Jr

About
I didn't come for you. Jesus came for you. I'm here for the spirits that hold you prisoner. FREEDOM! more..

Writing