Be the Leader in your Home

Be the Leader in your Home

A Story by Rev. Jr
"

Love and Logic Advocate Let's rescue these millennials

"
https://www.youtube.com/user/LoveandLogic1 Is where i currently search for most my answers. Alot of the same strategies work as they get older. The key is to let them make a mess then help them clean it up and learn a lesson. It took allot for me to learn not to control them. In a divorce kids get to do allot of choosing. They get a state appointed attorney who really advocates their wants. At about ten they no longer are required to participate in visitation here in MO. At 17 they no longer have to stay at home. Telling them what to do goes out the window. They wont listen and will probably leave or rebel, purposely upsetting your home. Being their friend isn't enough you have to show them your they're hero. I've only been using this system for about three years. The results are pretty impressive. It takes some personal growth to pull it off... My daughter now wears enough clothes to cover herself,on her own at 17. Her influences before she came to live here had her dressing like a stripper. Whew what a mess that was. I'm constantly reminding them of our moral compass and the value of having something to bring to the table in a relationship. Teaching them how to respectfully interact with each other is vital. They mimic you and the adults they see you talk with... As far as discipline is concerned ill take electronics and if its worse,then grounding. Time to reflect. But for the most part I am really looking for them to beat themselves up a little. That's where i add some logic. Try to teach fear based learning from those incidents rather then how most of our generation was raised, with the belt. At the end of the day your leading by example.

© 2017 Rev. Jr


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
Added on March 26, 2016
Last Updated on September 14, 2017

Author

Rev. Jr
Rev. Jr

About
I didn't come for you. Jesus came for you. I'm here for the spirits that hold you prisoner. FREEDOM! more..

Writing