Tribute to Poe

Tribute to Poe

A Poem by Rev. Jr
"

I begin to quote the raven, "Nevermore." yet doth my eyes still strain into the darkness. Deep into the far reaches of dreams. Echoes on the winds of time scream that singular word. "Lenore".

"
I begin to quote the raven, "Nevermore." yet doth my eyes still strain into the darkness. Deep into the far reaches of dreams. Echoes on the winds of time, scream that singular word. "Lenore".

Much like the Sage of yore I turn from the empty void and push my self forward. The screaming agonizing burning in my soul weighs down my step. A hook for the fool.

The raven came from beyond my window sil. Yet shattered dreams my feet do fill. Leave me now and say no more. My soul begs a return to the written lore. Yet he doth quoth as always before that one word Never more.

Once upon a drab afternoon, while I sat sluggishly within a borrowed volume
of lore. I fell upon a page of time. Wise words from a sage that died.

The rap tapping of his wit came and shook hands with my delight. His penitence he did display. Yet Mine eyes did turn from his bleak likeness to the flow of the words he spake.

When came in the raven my heart screamed in my ear. At the image I did stare.
Lost within the living nightmare.

Till the end he kept my gaze. Silence was also one of his ways.

When then he broke the rules. My contenince shrank to the shattering that lie beneath my shoes. And then past all the fear I heard the echo reverberate, "Nevermore".

I had but one recourse for the raven still holds his presence well through time. Like the wordsmiths who influenced my craft, I too ride through emotions, with words as my raft.

I pickup my sword and escort him from my door. We walk across the threshing floor.

Shadows cast but devastated I stay. There in that darkness, on the floor, my heart I did lay.

Nevermore.

© 2017 Rev. Jr


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on September 5, 2017
Last Updated on September 5, 2017

Author

Rev. Jr
Rev. Jr

About
I didn't come for you. Jesus came for you. I'm here for the spirits that hold you prisoner. FREEDOM! more..

Writing