The Author

The Author

A Story by LastMonth
"

The harshest truth comes from those who know you best.

"

There were once two authors, sharing the same physical case. They could not be any more different, yet they shared a base. The same pens were held by identical fingers, the same emotions flowed, in their heart they lingered.


Yet one wanted to move forward, and to not confront his mistakes. The other wished to stay true, to drive deeper the wooden stake. 


One wished to write of things that were beautiful, harmonious 

and true, yet the other defied him, forcing his due.


Squirrels and mice, Talipot and bees, how could one write so 

innocently, how blind could he be?

Pain and remorse, blood and nightmares, can one be so down while the other writes of stags and hares?


Was one of them denying the existence of his kin? So many of each other's writing, they have thrown mercilessly into the bin.


''…You live in a lie, a fairy tale of dreams!''

''…And you live in the past, in memories tearing you at the seams!''


It has gone on long enough, one of them decided. And soon he was gone, his fellow's word he abided. What followed was loneliness of a sort, for they were both really the same. They even shared a body, a soul and a name.


''…I wanted you to go?'' He said, he exclaimed with surprise.

But as he looked in the mirror, he knew they were one, gone was the disguise.

 

 

 

© 2016 LastMonth


Author's Note

LastMonth
Being honest with yourself is hard.
I'm doing my best right now.
Thank you for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like this story, it sounds like a poem to me with all the rhymes ^_^
It's easy to relate to it. I like how it depict 2 sides of the personality, as 2 entities fighting each other.
I really like these 2 lines :
''…You live in a lie, a fairy tale of dreams!''
''…And you live in the past, in memories tearing you at the seams!''
I picture it as a kid's quarrel which add some humor to it and makes me enjoy it even more.
Keep up the good work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

7 Years Ago

I am happy you enjoyed it.
I like writing in rhymes, I often do it.



Reviews

WOW!
SUPER LIKED IT, WELL DONE

Posted 7 Years Ago


amazingly written keep it up : )

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this story, it sounds like a poem to me with all the rhymes ^_^
It's easy to relate to it. I like how it depict 2 sides of the personality, as 2 entities fighting each other.
I really like these 2 lines :
''…You live in a lie, a fairy tale of dreams!''
''…And you live in the past, in memories tearing you at the seams!''
I picture it as a kid's quarrel which add some humor to it and makes me enjoy it even more.
Keep up the good work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

7 Years Ago

I am happy you enjoyed it.
I like writing in rhymes, I often do it.
First of all I would like to appreciate you for writing such an intense piece.
You have done an amazing job here by showing two opposite sides of a writer.
Everything you have described in this writing is true and touches the heart because we are under these emotions every time. You have a very unique style of writing.
Well done my friend and I will be looking forward to read your other writings.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

7 Years Ago

Thank you kindly for the review. I agree, we all have those sides. I think that honesty will help us.. read more
This is very imaginative, showing our two sides as black & white . . . the dark feelings we long to pour out onto the page, getting the inner junk outside of ourselves, yet there's also that part wanting to walk away from all the dreary stuff & paint a more vibrant existence thru our words. What to do? You've included many details about how this feels, so the 2-sided portrait you paint is clear & relatable.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

7 Years Ago

This is spot on.
If I read this a few months ago, I wouldn't have understood what you have written. I wouldn't have known this inner battle that you describe, and I wouldn't have known how beutiful of a piece this is. I wouldn't have known how raw and real it is. But I do.

I know it's hard to pour out your soul onto a piece of paper, and I know it's hard to, like you said, be honest with yourself. Admittedly, I probably don't know alot. But I know to some degree what it's like.

Thank you for sharing this, it truly is beautiful.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

7 Years Ago

Oh, yeah. I suppose other writers can better understand this one. Mostly because I imagine they all .. read more
As long as you are recognizing it is yourself you are talking to, it's all good. One minor suggestion-- either say "and not confront his mistakes" or "not confronting his mistakes" for that sentence to read better. A lovely little "confession".

Posted 7 Years Ago


This speaks loudly, clearly and painfully (for some of us). This, more than the few others I have read, reads like a poem.

Posted 7 Years Ago


LastMonth

7 Years Ago

Thanks for the review Mi.
I'm glad that it resonated with you.
This is really cool! I like the way you portray the duality within yourself, especially with the bolded and italicized lines to represent each side's voice. The back-and-forth nature of the narrative is intriguing, as it gives a detailed look into the perspectives of each side: perspectives of the outside world, of writing, and of each other. I love the line "They even shared a body, a soul and a name." Beautifully written in terms of the flow of the words and the ones you use. Each word gets deeper into the core of your identity - I mean, you could argue that soul and name might be reversed, but "name" works well for the rhyme, and it's an interesting addition to the commonplace idea of "body and soul" so I think it is great where it is. I (and I'm sure many others) can very much relate to you on this one. Excellent writing, and thank you for sharing. Keep being honest with yourself and hang in there! (Be honest about the good stuff too, because you a wonderful writer!)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LastMonth

7 Years Ago

Always a pleasure to read your reviews.
Thank you. However,
Let me make this harder f.. read more
AliciaB

7 Years Ago

Haha all right. :) If I had to change something, it would probably be the wording of the first two.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

579 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 1, 2016
Last Updated on June 1, 2016

Author

LastMonth
LastMonth

Tiberias, The Southern Galil, Israel



About
I like writing, I suppose. English is not my native tongue, I picked it up at school and mostly improved it through computers. In my early 20's and would appreciate thoughtful and impactful review.. more..

Writing
The Clock The Clock

A Story by LastMonth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Something... Something...

A Poem by redzone