Live for Now

Live for Now

A Story by Mike
"

My entry to http://www.writerscafe.org/contests/10-Words-I-Give/54010/

"

He buttoned his UNIFORM, tied the laces of his shiny leather boots and proudly donned his hat.

She slipped into her PEACHY tunic dress, effortlessly wrapped her toes around her flip-flops and let her fingers run through her long curly SANDALWOOD hair.

The failing ECONOMY had left many unsatisfied and people were marching in the streets. Inequality had always been a fact of life, but now people of all races were affected and wanted change. The 1% should no longer control their lives.

Today’s march was INFORMAL and without a specific goal. People carried signs like “join the conversation” or “Peace”. A young handsome man travelled with his cello along the protestors. She spotted him in the crowd and thought it must be such a HASSLE to bring this heavy instrument to today’s event.

She had a vision and recognised that soon things would start getting out of hand. Riot police were awaiting the fast approaching mass of people and if she didn’t act now, she would not be able to prevent the city turning into a DERELICT valley of death.

She quickly ran to the front of the march and jumped on the STUMP ready to address the crowd, when she noticed a hot officer among the troops. She had a cold Pepsi in her hands and realised that she could halt an escalation by peacefully by offering him her cold beverage.

But she found the idea too TWISTED and the notion that if a sugary drink was all that stood between them, then the whole march had been BLASTPHEMY to all of those who had experienced hardship and suffering.  

She retreated back into the crowds, faceless amongst the many other well to do hipsters, gently trotting along the group of officers enjoying their morning donut.

© 2017 Mike


Author's Note

Mike
My first attempt at "10 words I give" - I thoroughly enjoyed toying around with this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your first attempt. Thank you, Mike, for entering the 10 Words I Give contest. You placed all ten words nicely in a fictional 'march' that could very easily be non-fiction in today's world. I would have given him the Pepsi :O I enjoyed reading your story! Well done

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
1 Review
Added on April 28, 2017
Last Updated on April 28, 2017
Tags: 10 words I give

Author

Mike
Mike

United Kingdom



About
I've got stories trapped in my head and thought I'd start sharing them. Hope you like them, but don't worry if you don't. more..

Writing
Spoon in Spoon Spoon in Spoon

A Story by Mike