My Date With Death

My Date With Death

A Poem by LatoyaEvans
"

Personification of death

"
He arrived early yet, was right on time
Cherished memories, happy thoughts, and good things, He changed my mind.

He had me thinking that all good things that meant so much actually meant nothing at all.
Because at some point the bringer of these "good" thing had made driven me pass mad i danced in ecstasy with appalled.

With so much time to reflect, I learned that peoples actions and judgement, things they did even things they would say ultimately became the reason for this date.

We talked for hours about me and me alone. My prom, My ex-boyfriend the things we said to one another over the phone. The good times I had with my friends when we thought we were grown.

How I said I wanted to be married and have three children. Then, the conversation changed in an instant.

He began to focus on the times I had been left by myself. He noticed that my prom was for me"dance-less" as I stood around all evening looking at other happy dancing faces and the ice sculpture melt. he made me aware of all the times I called on people but no one would help.

The times when everyone turned his or her back on me. The times when people did mean things right it front of me, In spite of me. When I saw all day and empty me.

The times when everyone I cared about showed they didn't care about me. They hurt angered, and upset me.

All the times I didn't want to think about what would happen next. And this is how I met my date there is no more what next? We were together I could finally relax, close my eyes for a long time and take a breath.

The more I spoke the more I became aware of all the colors that filled the air. Black. Pitch black like the beginning of every form of madness, like the backdrop behind all life's sadness. Then red. The kind of red that can only mean one thing,...The lost of everything.

But before I could jump to and reach for another day, a better day just to hold on. The date ended he wasn't there any more and I too was gone.

© 2011 LatoyaEvans


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on August 4, 2011
Last Updated on August 4, 2011

Author

LatoyaEvans
LatoyaEvans

Brooklyn, NY



About
I am a proud single mother of three daring children. They have taught and molded me as I have them. They inspired me to rise above all challenges and adversities. My heart belongs to them and through.. more..

Writing