Please Don't Kill Yourself Tonight

Please Don't Kill Yourself Tonight

A Poem by Laura Harrison

If I counted how many times you told me that you wanted to kill yourself, I would run out of fingers and toes. Let me tell you something, dear; life is not like the video games that you love to play so much. There is no ‘try again’ option.

 

If you killed yourself today, tomorrow you could have found the love of your life; you could have rekindled your relationship with your old best friend and realized that your parents love you more than you think they do. How can things get better if you don’t give them time?

 

Place your hand over your heart. That pulsating beat you feel is what you call purpose. You are a human being made up of over 7,000 atoms and you want to destroy each and every one of them. God put you on this earth for a reason, and it is up to you to find out what that reason is. There may be something bigger waiting on the horizon after death, but your time on Planet Earth isn’t up yet.

 

Look at me. Can’t you tell that every time I see your face, mine lights up, brighter than the stars on a cold winter night and my eyes say “I love you” in a thousand languages. Everyone has that person that they can’t live without and you are that person for me. So please don’t kill yourself tonight because you would be killing me too.

© 2013 Laura Harrison


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very motivating and uplifting speech! I wish you the best luck in winning the January poetry contest!

Posted 9 Years Ago


What can i say this was brilliant.
It's so full of strong deep meaning, and full of emotion.
It sounds like it was written straight from you're heart, witch makes for the best poems.
I loved how it was the raw truth and how it was so inspiring.
I suggest anyone who ever goes through that much depression that they think of killing themselves, read this because this, was an uplifting, inspiring piece.
BRILLIANT WRITE!


Posted 10 Years Ago


An inspired and relevant piece that isn't afraid to sow emotion and intelligence, well done, good read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Inspiring and enlightening. Makes all suicidal souls contemplate on the losses if s/he considers such.

Posted 10 Years Ago


wow..thats a great piece.. Warning, You warning you..it is rationalising...God bless..

Posted 10 Years Ago


so costructive and creative....love it :-)

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is beautiful :) great job kido keep up the good work

Posted 10 Years Ago


Profound words, I hope that everyone who's contemplating suicide would read this, I felt this one as I lost my sister to suicide, they need to think of the pain they leave behind and the people that love them so dearly, although I understand the angst behind it too, nicely pen'd.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Hmmm Not sure what happened here but i did review this one but it says you deleted it... lol i dont know if thats true or by accident but i DID say " Such a touching poem!! SO much emotion in this poem ! I really felt it !! " lol

Posted 10 Years Ago


Laura Harrison

10 Years Ago

that's weird because i can still see the comment here :S i did delete a comment on your comment by t.. read more
Sarah Lynn

10 Years Ago

Omg even on your poem under my comment he was !? That makes me so mad. I want to unblock him just to.. read more
Nice write! Definitely is a helpful poem to those who feel alone in this way. Great work.

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

558 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 29, 2013
Last Updated on October 29, 2013

Author

Laura Harrison
Laura Harrison

Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom



About
My name is Laura, I am 25 and I write poetry to understand life. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Forever Forever

A Poem by Blue