An Apology Letter To God

An Apology Letter To God

A Story by Laura Harrison

I believed in you when I was younger. I would pray to you all the time and hoped that you would answer. I never asked for anything, I just treated you like a friend- someone to confide in and tell all my secrets to. Because I was alone; I was the girl who never got invited to parties, the girl who had to eat her lunch in the school toilets. But I guess you had more important matters to attend to, because I never heard from you or even had a sign that you had listened to my prayers. So I started to lose my faith in you a little bit more every time someone avoided me in the school hallways. I branded myself an atheist and people told me that my life would be so much better if I believed in you, that all my prayers would be answered.   

 

But I continued my life with low faith, holed up in my room with only a book for company. Until one day, by chance encounter, I met the person that I want to spend the rest of my life with. The person who loved me for exactly the way I was and was my best friend as well as my lover. I realized then that you must have been listening to me all along, but you were just waiting for the right moment to bring this special person into my life; someone who you knew would never hurt me. So I’m sorry, God, for ever doubting you, because I should have realized that you wouldn’t create the world just to ignore the people in it.

© 2014 Laura Harrison


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sometimes we think our prayers aren't being answered but they are , we just don't see it as yet.

Posted 10 Years Ago


very uplifting! I do have doubts sometimes because my prayers seem to get unanswered, but I know he is listening to me and one day he will show me my answer

Posted 10 Years Ago


Keep believing :')
He really does fulfill wishes at the most unexpected times in the most unexpected ways...

Posted 10 Years Ago


We all have reasons that seperate us from whatever faith we hold...the important thing is to realise the divine exists within you, grounds you and helps you see the light :) x

Posted 10 Years Ago


"So I’m sorry, God, for ever doubting you, because I should have realized that you wouldn’t create the world just to ignore the people in it."
Most of must fall to the lowest to know. God is always with us. Thank you for sharing the story of learning what is true and what we truly need.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Yes, sometimes it is hard to believe that God is listening and answering our prayers, but what we really need to remember is that God doesn't always answer prayers in the way we would like them to be answered. Sometimes we have to wait for the right moment like you said and sometimes the answer is no and He leads you down a path that is best for you. God is always there for us and listening to us, but He is also going to take care of His children and not always give us what we want at that very moment, so I liked how you pointed out that God must have been listening to you all the time but was just waiting for the right person and at the right time.

Good Job

Posted 10 Years Ago


As always, an interesting introspective piece. Faith restored through finding love.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow. This was so good. I especially love the last line, "You wouldn't create the world just to ignore the people in it." That is such an awesome quote. Great job with this

Posted 10 Years Ago


I wish I had a dollar every time I felt like this look at job,moses ets god is always there
you just have to be serious in finding him.he is probally molding you for a great thing it`s hard to help others unless you know what they are feeling.i feel like I have been in the desert for about 6 years now
ron

Posted 10 Years Ago


I really love this, it's just beautiful.
Great work!!

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

566 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 26, 2014
Last Updated on January 26, 2014

Author

Laura Harrison
Laura Harrison

Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom



About
My name is Laura, I am 25 and I write poetry to understand life. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..