Sunset

Sunset

A Story by Lauren Fisher

Warm skin brushed up against mine, her fingers wrapped around my forearms as she pressed herself into me. Her tall figure dwarfed mine as she swayed her hips to the melody of the music blaring around us. I spun to the will of her movements, a long nail brushing my jawbone when I came back around. A grin spayed across her face, lighting her dark eyes. 
"Move, girl," she laughed, "you're too stiff. Let those hips sway." Faded violet hair was cut into a lob that surrounded her flushed cheeks. Soon, her heels moved to a pace that the sound of them hitting the hardwood floor matched the beat of the music that blared from the stereo to my right.
Billions of colors poured into the apartment via the floor-to-ceiling windows behind Lani, making her glow like the angel she was. The sun was setting on the city, the shadows of the skyscrapers surrounding us cast lovely shadows on the streets dozens of feet below. 
I knew the rays of red and orange that filled the space was making my hair glow like a blazing inferno, and I knew it was driving Lani mad.
I relished in that thought. Knowing just how to make her swoon I swished my hips side to side as I spun away from her, towards the stereo. I took her phone and did a quick youtube search to change the song.
"Oh," She whined, an exaggerated pout replacing her smile. 
Suddenly, the melody changed. I pulled air into my lungs and kicked off my own heels. I moved back into Lani's arms, welcomed. I nudged the toe of her heel, silently asking her to take them off. They flew across the floor and stopped next to my own in seconds. My eyes were now level with her chin, however, she lowered her gaze to match mine, curiosity burning in her irises. 
I licked my lipstickless lips. I let my body move to the song, calling Lani to join.  My hips swayed, my arms swung and my feet spun. She narrowed her eyes, a playful answer displayed on her extravagant features. 
I ran my fingers through my hair, tossing the mass of glittering red strands to one side of my head. 
"You're infuriating, Jen." Lani sighed, slinking over to me. She wrapped her arms around my waist, stopping my movements. "You're trying to drive me mad, aren't you." 
I lifted onto my toes and got close enough to feel her breath on my face, a close-lipped smile ripping through my face. 
She leaned down, kissing the exposed side of my face, her lips drawing a line from my temple to my collarbone. I sighed into her arms. "I hate you," She whispered into my neck.
"Sure you do," My hands grabbed the top of her hips and I pulled my head back. 
"No you don't," she began. One arm wrapped down to the backs of my knees, pushing them in while the other wrapped around my upper back, looping beneath my arms.  
"Hey!" I cried as she lifted me to her chest. "No fair,"
She giggled, her already flushed face becoming redder. She threw herself onto the couch, draping me over her lap, my head to the ceiling. "That's what you get for enticing me with that beautiful body of yours." 
I frowned. Her fingers fiddled with my hair as turned so my head could face the window, watching the sun drop just over the horizon. 
I lost track of time, and the music turned to white noise as the stars took over the night sky. Every few minuted Lani would lean down to kiss my cheek, neck or side. Wherever her lips landed the muscles melted - not that they were doing anything either way. Soon, the room was dark, lit only by the buzzing lights of the city below and the few stars that were seen through the light pollution. 
Eventually, the music stopped as Lani's phone died. It didn't take us long to fall asleep on the couch. 

© 2017 Lauren Fisher


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on December 21, 2017
Last Updated on December 21, 2017
Tags: Gay, dancing, love, sunset, city, entice, sweet, sexual

Author

Lauren Fisher
Lauren Fisher

Miamisburg, OH



About
Our universe is too complex for you to be a mistake. Our world is too beautiful for your thoughts to be un-important. Speak. Write. Unleash yourself into the world. more..

Writing
Eleia 1 Eleia 1

A Story by Lauren Fisher