The Story

The Story

A Poem by LawrenceRaybon

Dark of night

And storm filled skies

That’s how the story starts.


Heroes, villains

And the fools

They all must play their parts.


Deeds are done

Both fair and foul

Lives hanging by a thread.


One false move

A slight misstep

And favorites soon are dead.


Story ends

Good? It wins!

Or maybe it does not.


Fickle Fate

Meets Writer’s hand

And births fantastic plot!

© 2014 LawrenceRaybon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very exciting poem, very well arranged and the metaphoric analogy, not overtly implied, using a story is brilliant. While this poem speaks point on to what it is like for a writer to write a story, it also speaks to the greater reality of the stories we all live in life. Each of our lives is a plot that unfolds by the decisions we have made and the fates we have chosen through action and life. Each of our lives are full of heroes and villains and represent that ultimate battle of good versus evil.

So the writer writes of LIFE. And this poem put it all in a very fun way. I am reminded of one of my favorite Imagine Dragons' songs where the singer says, "Let me write my own life..."

We all write our own lives. Also, any writer of stories will connect with this poem knowing what it is like to invent lives on paper and then have them interact. An act in itself that I love just for the drama that plays out from my own head.

Fantastic work here, a very smooth, solid, well put together poem from many perspectives.

This poem was so good to me that it was selected by NavWorks Press for publication in our volume, Sometimes Anyway.

See my Writer's Café blog for more details: http://www.writerscafe.org/navworks/blogs/Release-of-Two-New-Books/126161/

Wonderful work and congratulations on publication!

Posted 7 Years Ago


I really like this work of art. It has a fun twist and important factors of key writing skills!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Refreshing sorry my keyboard slipped

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like it it's creative and unique on how the writes give birth to the story how refeshing

Posted 10 Years Ago


I loved this, I'm gonna put this in my personal reading file ^*^

Posted 10 Years Ago


Perfection!!! It exists!!!!? Well in any case this is close enough!!! You poetically put fiction in a nut shell!
It has been shelved in my virtual library! Next time do me a favour and write something less good so I can tell you what to improve on!!! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Here's a micro-review for you:

I like it :), but can't think of something constructive to say :(

Probably every writer who reads this will relate to it.
Love the very spaced out rhyming. I didn't notice it at first and assumed it was just magically flowing - but now I see that is probably because the stanza's rhyme. I don't think I've seen that before.

Constructive-ish. What if "writer's" was "Writer's" to emphasize that you put a writer on the same level as fate?

Each stanza I read I thought "make a note of this one you can use it for the 'My favorite' part of the checklist", but then I read the next stanza and the next. I can't even pick a least favorite.



Posted 10 Years Ago


LawrenceRaybon

10 Years Ago

*Blush* Ahem, well thank you for the review! It's always nice to receive a positive review when yo.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

488 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 12, 2014
Last Updated on April 12, 2014
Tags: story, writing, writer

Author

LawrenceRaybon
LawrenceRaybon

Jackson, MS



About
Hi! I'm an avid reader who loves to write. I also love helping others who are serious about improving their writing! My critiques are in-depth and honest, no ego stroking and I expect the same wh.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Psychic Girl Psychic Girl

A Poem by Emily