hetomóohe (vai)

hetomóohe (vai)

A Poem by Legacy
"

Nothing seems to heal, divert, or express emotions more than the right words. Then I began to write�

"

 

Family is the root, which we all grow from, the place of all nourishment, and helps us through our travels - remaining close by.
 
All we can hold on to is who we are as individuals. To knowledge neither good nor bad that we have collected along the way. This is what sets us apart…
 
My abilities to channel my fear and pain are becoming stronger and more focused with each passing day, yet at the same time; her penetrating voice is growing even stronger and at times louder... invading my mind like troops dropping over enemy territory.
 
I have only but my dreams to hold onto. I strive to achieve them with honesty and perseverance - I will never give up… I will never let go. I have come to terms there is no such thing as an ‘easy way’.
 
Love is life's greatest gift of all… yet how does one hold on to sharing and caring when Love gives no meaning to life?
 
Yes, we are all unique and special. However, it is up to each of us - how we use what we have experienced and gained. Have the strength to see things differently, yet clearly. We must learn when to listen to our minds and when to listen to our hearts, if we truly are to become stronger than our teachers!
 
 © 2007 Legacy
 

© 2008 Legacy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review


Naturally, no human being knows everything about everything.

There is no doubt in me, however, that one was meant to have certain _teachers_ . I meant of the kind of substance, though, that the student stayed the student, until the natural unfolding of circumstances, brought those direct human to human teaching times to an end ___ Heaven.

That is not to imply, that I think, the student was to put true ADULTHOOD on hold. I am by no means referring to that in a legalistic sense.

It really is not about a one-up game nor general MIND GAMES.

August 31, 2007

Ms. Belsito

Canada

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I found this write to be very profound in it's story We can choose to let the bad things in life make us miserable and unhappy or we can choose to learn from them and make our self stronger mentally and emotionally. We can choose to make a difference and chnge what is bad and make it good pain and hurt is what ae all go through it is a part of life that all must endure what you get out of it and what you choose to get out of the experience is up to you this spoem is very well penned and xepresses many different emotions and thoughts for instance ZLove is life's greatest gift of all that is so very true for if no heart had the gift of love then noone could care and noone could feel.

Dreams are what life can be made of you want it badly enough you have to go after it and make them happen that is how dreams come true. I truely enjoyed this write you are very talented and I am sure I will be reading more of your work as well. excellant wite.



Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is a powerful poem. Each stanza actually has enough strength to be it's own poem. The imagery in the 3rd stanza is the best!
Here are a few comments and questions: Line 1- it would be more grammatically correct to write "from which" and eliminate the comma after root - unless you wanted to set that aside but if so, you might consider a line break.
Your format is interesting. Any reason for the bullets?
What is the meaning of the title? I tried but cannot find it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

wounderful

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 3 people found this review constructive.

... how does one hold on to sharing and caring when Love gives no meaning to life?
Wow, that's a good question. But, is it the question at all, or just sarcasm? Love is the meaning of life out of itself.
When Love gives no meaning to life, the cemetery enters politics. However, what for could such waiting serve?
My blog Candle Day http://candleday.wordpress.com looks for you already now.

The Striving to become stronger than our teachers bears the fruits - colors our hair and makes us the teachers ourselves ultimately - we start to rejoice over the youth and discover ourselves in the eyes of our children.

By the way, thank you for the gift of reply - while trying to express my emotions in a written form, I have discovered the writer in myself. Wow, I have the goal again. Thank you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i RELATE TO THIS AND THINK IT IS GREAT YOU ARE DOING A BOOK.
DON'T KNOW WHERE I'D BE ABLE TO HELP BUT WILL WHERE I CAN
DOREEN

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You have shared many words of wisdom in this poem and I do agree that there is never an easy way, but that is how we learn, and grow, and become stronger!! Learning to listen to our mind and our hearts is such a delicate balance!! Beautifully written, I really enjoyed this write!!


:-)Heather

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I like it I don't have any words to describe what I like about it, but I like it it has meaning and heart to it. Yet it also has pain and love hugging each other not able to let go.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very interesting title--what does it mean? I like this poem, the stanzas are very insightful and reminded me of stringing pearls along a necklace. Each pearl added completes the whole necklace in its own, individual way. It seems you have a lot to say (more pearls to add)?? I enjoyed reading this and look forward to hearing more.

RE: �Family is the root, which we all grow from, the place of all nourishment, and helps us through our travels - remaining close by.

RE: Love is life's greatest gift of all� yet how does one hold on to sharing and caring when Love gives no meaning to life

The contradictory nature of this stanza invites suspense. Why do you think "Love is life's greatest gift of all" when you believe love has no meaning? What is "love" to you? I really wanted to hear more...

What do you think about family that is abusive or dysfunctional--and does not "help"? This is a provocative stanza because it can be taken in almost any perspective...it really inspires introspection.

I'm Just Me

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Naturally, no human being knows everything about everything.

There is no doubt in me, however, that one was meant to have certain _teachers_ . I meant of the kind of substance, though, that the student stayed the student, until the natural unfolding of circumstances, brought those direct human to human teaching times to an end ___ Heaven.

That is not to imply, that I think, the student was to put true ADULTHOOD on hold. I am by no means referring to that in a legalistic sense.

It really is not about a one-up game nor general MIND GAMES.

August 31, 2007

Ms. Belsito

Canada

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

yay yay!!! woooot!! love it!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1996 Views
36 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 7, 2008
Last Updated on February 23, 2008

Author

Legacy
Legacy

About
Information to come more..

Writing
Dark Secrets Dark Secrets

A Poem by Legacy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..