Not Yet Finished

Not Yet Finished

A Story by Keyshla

‘She said one thing and I knew deep inside she was lying, but I let her kiss my lips anyway. I was starstruck and in a daze. Lost in her eyes. Her hand felt right in mine and I wanted it to stay that way.’

I looked at the piece of paper I was written and begun to crumpled it up when I noticed my teacher was standing behind me. “Why did you do that for?” She asked me. I shrugged my shoulders. “Well it was really good Keyshla. You should keep going.” She walked away and I straitened the piece of paper out. I read it over once again and thought about the girl I was writing about. I kept wondering if she was worth everything that I was going through for her.

I skipped a space on the piece of paper.

‘Eyes the color of a green apples. Lips as sweet as caramel.’

I didn’t think she was worth any of it at all.

‘Hugs as perfect as hugging a teddy bear. Words that mean everything once she has said them.’

“Keyshla? Keyshla?” I looked up at my teacher. “Yes Ma’am?” I asked her. “Are you done with the assignment?” I shook my head no. “Are you almost done?” I noticed the whole class was looking at me. “I don’t believe any form of writing is ever going to be done. I can say I am almost done or say I am done, but there will always be something I could add to it.” My English teacher looked at me. The bell rung and everybody got up and left. “Keyshla can you stay after class a minute? I’ll give you a pass.” I looked at the time. “Sure.” I stood there until the class emptied out. “Sit down. I have planning next period. What do you have?” I sat down and thought back. “I have Chemistry Ma’am, but we are not doing anything today. She is giving us a movie day because we all got 90’s on our last test.” She nodded. “Well that is good. You finish up that assignment. I will call your Chemistry teacher. Okay?” I nodded my head yes. I grabbed my pencil and began to read over what I had so far:

‘She said one thing and I knew deep inside she was lying, but I let her kiss my lips anyway. I was starstruck and in a daze. Lost in her eyes. Her hand felt right in mine and I wanted it to stay that way. Eyes the color of a green apples. Lips as sweet as caramel. Hugs as perfect as hugging a teddy bear. Words that meant everything once she has said them.’

I then added:

‘I knew if I closed my eyes she would be the only one on my mind. I knew that if it rained I would go insane. I dream of her every night and yet I still don’t have her. I couldn’t lose and yet I couldn’t win and that was when I realized we both were committing a sin.’

I had to think twice before I added the last line.

‘Lying. Cheating. Playing. Killing. That was never going to change.’

I read it over once more. Making sure it made sense. Not to everyone else but to me. I stood up from were I was sitting and walked my way to the teachers desk. I gave her the piece of paper and stood there as she read it. When she was finished she handed it back to me. “May I go to Chemistry now?” She nodded yes and handed me a pass to class. I grabbed my stuff and headed to the door. “Keyshla?” I looked back at her. “Yes?” She looked up at me. “It can’t be finished. Is it?” I nodded no. “No it is not, but as far as I could tell life hasn’t gone on far enough to finish it.”

© 2012 Keyshla


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on August 30, 2012
Last Updated on August 30, 2012

Author

Keyshla
Keyshla

Merritt is, FL



About
I am 17, and I am a writer. I have been hiding behind my own truth for a while. It's time for me to hit the spotlight and open up. more..

Writing