The Day After Laundry Day

The Day After Laundry Day

A Story by Legion
"

Don't want to spoil it. For all you fans out there though. You'll know what I mean when you read it. :)

"

 

 

 

The Day After Laundry Day

 

 

 

  Ensign Cooper's sleepy eyes grew wide in alarmed fear as he stared into his closet. He couldn't believe he had forgotten to do laundry the day before. Now he would have to wear what was left that remained hidden in the back of that dark, ominous portal for his shift.

  He had been warned. Hell, he had seen what would happen if that particular style of uniform was worn. But, he had no choice now. Why did he not remember to do the laundry? Oh why? Oh why? Oh why?

  His stomach became tumultuous. His hands began to sweat. His mind reeled. His body quivered. His hand slowly reached into the compartment not really wanting to grasp onto the hanger that held the garment. His fingers achingly curled around the smooth plastic frame of the hanger and, in sheer terror of the sheer outfit, yanked the item into the open air of the room.

  It was free at last. Free to mock him. Free to laugh and say, "I have you now. You should have done laundry."

  He knew he had to wear it. The time for his shift was fast approaching and the captain would be angry if he was late.

  He shimmied into the fabric and felt his skin crawl at the sensation it gave him as it caressed his skin. He shook it off the best he could and apprehensively finished dressing.

  After checking his appearance in the reflective surface of his quarters' mirror, he walked out and began the long trek to the bridge of the ship. His black boots echoed through the corridor with each long step he took to what lay ahead.

  He knew what was coming.

  He could only hope that Captain Kirk wouldn't pick him for the away team down to the unknown planet that they had discovered and were now orbiting, but he knew in his heart that that was nothing but a pipe dream.

  It always happened.

  Everyone he had seen wearing the dreaded outfit had been chosen. Everyone chosen never seemed to come back. Ever!

  It was going to be a long day he thought.

  Damn red shirt!

 

Legion

24Nov08

© 2009 Legion


Author's Note

Legion
Hope all you Trekkie fans enjoyed this. Got the idea while watching a trailer for the new Star Trek movie coming out soon. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You've blown my blown mind...I may yet end up sane! This reminds me of a long ago girlfriend who worked for a wine company where she managed their computer system which she had dubbed Captain Kirk...if I remember rightly her father was a Polish flyer who escaped from the east in his Mig...but surely I'm mis-remembering.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Who knew not doing laundry could be funny?? You got me at the end. I have to confess I had some feeling for Capt. Picard. When he'd tell number one to "engage", I had some out of this world thoughts!. Keep it to yourself.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice funny story. From my experience, good sci-fi humour/humor is rather hard to find and you have done a splendid job at producing one!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ha...lol...that was a really good write. It held the readers interest from beginning to the phenomenal end....great work...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was well conceived, this your short story, you are always good for surprises. Amusing and brilliant. 100p

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LOL.. Loved it..
Perfect read for a lazy Saturday morn..
Very well written too I must add :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ROFL!!! That's awesome! Sounds so much like my geometry class sophomore year.... I love how terrible you make the whole thing sound - like the thing's going to slowly drain the life from him.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Had no idea this would turn out to be Star Trek at the end. I'm not even a fan of Star Trek and I like this story. You did very well in writing because I didn't think any story about getting dress could be so interesting. You developed this one very well. It definitely took talent to make this one up.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I don't know much about Star Trek, but I have heard of Captain Kirk and seen Spocks red uniform (costume?) along with his overgrown pixie ears. Well written satire, you were able to keep me interested right to the surprise ending...
What 'lied' ahead....what 'lay' ahead...
Cheers,
Helen :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

HA, your level hilarity never ceases to amaze me. I see now that we've broken into the a new stride of Fan-Fiction :-). Ah yes the fabled red uniform, it seems to have lost some of it ignomy in the Next Generation though, as I believe Riker wore red. I like that you're exploring the comedic side, keep it up!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I had no clue where this was going at first, but now I understand. This is very good. Short but mysterious. I loved how dramatic you were when describing the character's emotions towards the outfit, as if the world would end if he wore it. You also made such a simple piece quite the mystery. Great job, Trekkie!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

921 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 24, 2008
Last Updated on December 26, 2009

Author

Legion
Legion

Nowhere near a BBQ pit!



About
I write about various topics. Mostly I write poetry/songs. I took my screen name from a concept album/epic poem I wrote years ago titled "Legion's Legacy: Tales of the Damned" which was inspired by .. more..

Writing
Whisper Whisper

A Poem by Legion


It Is Said…. It Is Said….

A Story by Legion



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


i don't know i don't know

A Poem by Rain