THE NOVICE SWORDSMAN

THE NOVICE SWORDSMAN

A Poem by Quickbeam
"

Random entry in my journal

"

 

The pen is mightier than the sword, but it takes a skilled individual to wield it. I’m still in my infancy, swinging the sword to form some sort of sentence over the white hungry page, like an amateur. Parrying hesitantly trying to fend off the attacks of doubt in my mind and erratically lashing out in hope to strike the reader with my wisdom.


Every time I read someone’s work I am amazingly humbled, realizing my journey is going to be a long and arduous one, full of perils, close shaves with death and punctuation mistakes. 

© 2017 Quickbeam


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are on a journey which you should enjoy step by step. Gratification will come in small doses but it will encourage a passion if pursued with consistency. Wishing you great success.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Quickbeam

6 Years Ago

cheers! I will keep plodding along and see what happens.
I love this. I identify with this.
If you take pleasure in writing I hope you keep doing it. If you're looking for someone to encourage you to keep going, then I encourage you to do it.


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Quickbeam

6 Years Ago

Thanks for the encouragement. Always great to get positive feed back! ;)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
I echo your thoughts. Best way forward is to post and gauge the reaction, if any. Try to write for you and not what you think others want.
Good luck

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Quickbeam

6 Years Ago

Yea definitely write for one person. If I enjoy writing, its a bonus if other people like my work. .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 25, 2017
Last Updated on October 25, 2017
Tags: writing, reading, quote, diary, thoughts, log, notebook, journal, scriblble, scribbles, not, notes, extract

Author

Quickbeam
Quickbeam

Auckland, New Zealand



About
A newbie to writing and realise that it might be a thing for me. My vivid imagination needs an outlet so lets see :) 9-5 job living in Auckland. Surfing, running, guitar, gaming, engineering, thai.. more..

Writing
The Match The Match

A Story by Quickbeam