The Club, My Church

The Club, My Church

A Story by Quickbeam
"

An extract from a story I'm writing, which is a personal diary of living in my early 20s.

"

Our banter comes to a halt, as we open the creaky double doors to the main room and are hit by a wall of noise. Weathering the explosion of sound, I walk to the centre of the space dazed. I’m standing in what appears to be a post-apocalyptic dungeon, not alone. The ceiling is low, and columns frequently pepper the room in an organised manner. Nets are draped from the ceiling, like spider webs, with spotlights intermittently illuminating spaces between the shadows. The wall of noise drops to a murmur. A crowd of people stand beneath the cobwebs, staring statuesque at the DJ box, waiting for the next melodic encounter.

There is a stillness that you know is going to be broken, as the faintly audible base and the unearthly sounds of Trance start to pulsate. After a short moment there is a slight rise in intensity. Alien strings and demon synths rise at a steady pace, momentum gathers and gathers. The music slopes up to an all epic crescendo. I look back smiling at my mates, who also appear to be excited, knowing what is inevitably coming. A snare rattles into life building up even more speed, played inhumanly fast. The snares reach a level of white noise and are cut off suddenly, just leaving our ears to rattle in the silence. The next stage of Armageddon is about to begin. A very large booming base drum slams into the floor, like a large iron wrecking ball hitting the ground repeatedly, with everything shaking with the reverberation.  All the statues beneath the webs are suddenly animated, hands flailing and feet falling. I join in and focus on the wrecking ball beat and alien sounds of the hard trance. 

The DJ is now telling his story to me and the surrounding army of dancers. Taking us on a journey through light and dark, breaks and intense build-ups, through many landscapes.

© 2017 Quickbeam


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

my curiosity's peaked. Your writing could be professional, its that good! Cant believe its not reviewed more

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Quickbeam

6 Years Ago

Thanks for positive feedback Hellsnow!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
1 Review
Added on November 3, 2017
Last Updated on November 8, 2017
Tags: dance, trance, hard dance, hard trance, music, clubbing, country club, dancing, 90s, rave, nightclub, journal, diary

Author

Quickbeam
Quickbeam

Auckland, New Zealand



About
A newbie to writing and realise that it might be a thing for me. My vivid imagination needs an outlet so lets see :) 9-5 job living in Auckland. Surfing, running, guitar, gaming, engineering, thai.. more..

Writing
The Match The Match

A Story by Quickbeam