Christchurch

Christchurch

A Poem by Quickbeam
"

A depiction of the aftermath of Christchurch after the Earthquakes

"

The corpses of boarded up shops and the skeletal figures of tall buildings huddle the rubbled streets. Ruined structures jut up like teeth in the air, soon to join their own shadows on the ground. The ghost of places that once were. Apparitions of busy people roaming the streets fade, only the cold foot prints of the past remain.



Scattered lurching of marauding machines roam the wasteland, replacing the dead in the dust. Healing the wounds that are scabbed over by twisted rebar and broken concrete. Jaws of iron insatiably crunch on masonry food. The grinding and pounding of metal on stone, echo and rebound off the grim grey walls.



If you look very closely through the disturbed debris and smoke, you can see shimmering light. The light from the sun reflecting off new glass, the clothes worn by the reborn. 

© 2018 Quickbeam


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on February 26, 2018
Last Updated on February 26, 2018
Tags: earthquake, new zealand, christchurch, reconstruction, construction

Author

Quickbeam
Quickbeam

Auckland, New Zealand



About
A newbie to writing and realise that it might be a thing for me. My vivid imagination needs an outlet so lets see :) 9-5 job living in Auckland. Surfing, running, guitar, gaming, engineering, thai.. more..

Writing
The Match The Match

A Story by Quickbeam