RON

RON

A Story by Roy Lennic

There was something different about him. Something felt strange. It was as if he wasn’t himself; the Ron I knew. He walked lazily as he approached me. I was completely bugged and terrified. His legs which were always steady on the ground with their majestic steps as they switched places, were now pulling themselves on the ground like a log. They appeared to be half paralyzed as his head faced the ground while he walked. The contractions of my heart sped as their thrust upon the chest became hard. His hair was not well groomed and some of it was missing. I wasn’t sure if it was Ron at all. He was tattered and feeble. He was exhausted and he looked as if he had drained all the blood he had in his dear body. I went to him and held his hand. All I felt was the bone. There was no tissue of flesh, but the hard, cold, stiff bone. Then like a hungry tiger who had almost got hold of his flesh, Ron grabbed my neck with his bony hands and tried to bite me.

With his mouth wide open, he tried to dig in deep into my flesh. I was sure if he did that because he lacked flesh, or the possibility that he had turned to be a man eater. I was completely shocked with the turn of the events that had escalated to the most bizarre action of Ron. Without thinking twice, I pulled out from his grip- and probably death’s too-as adrenaline kicked in and overwhelmed body. With the strength that had mastered in a second, I jumped through the air and fled without looking. Never did I want to see if it was a prank or Ron had become a zombie for real.

© 2018 Roy Lennic


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on February 3, 2018
Last Updated on February 3, 2018

Author

Roy Lennic
Roy Lennic

Malindi, Coast, Kenya



About
I'm just a guy of substance limited to a certain place, such that my thoughts are the only thing to express. more..

Writing
Afterlife Afterlife

A Story by Roy Lennic