Letter to Love

Letter to Love

A Poem by Lucy Joan

Dear Love,

These are the lessons I have learned under your glorious tutelage:

    • An hour feels like an eternity.
    • Distance is harder to swallow than a rock.
    • There’s a game named after you.
    • Getting to know you is a waste of soul.
    • You hurt worse than mutilation.
    • Memory is an enemy.
    • When you are not sweet, you’re a dick.

And you taught me all of these things for almost next to nothing. A study in contradiction with only my heart to pay. Thank you for teaching me all the dark tints of emotion. 

Yours sincerely, 
Olen van Cilland

I agree with it all except for the last part about having gained nothing from Love’s hard lessons. Here’s my response:

Dear Love,
These are the lessons I have learned under your glorious tutelage:

 

    • Eternity sounds f*****g awesome when associated with the person you love.
    • First of all, no one would swallow a rock. Second, a person remains close to the heart if love is true, therefore distance is not an issue.    
    • There’s a game named after you. And it’s fun. Seriously, you should try it.
    • Getting to know you is a gain of another soul- a soulmate.
    •  You make being mutilated sound pretty damn merciful. 
    • Memory is a reminder to love, even your enemies.
    • When you are not sweet, you’re sour. I like sour.

 

The more love I give, the more I gain. In losing it, I grow stronger; in gaining, I grow fonder. Thank you for teaching me how to win this battle called the storm of human emotions.

 

Yours sincerely,  

A girl repairing her broken heart.

© 2012 Lucy Joan


Author's Note

Lucy Joan
Not a poem, but a response letter to a post I saw on tumblr. Let me know what you think! (On the letters, rather than the writing itself).

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like both poems. I like your poem better. Love is a lesson for us to appreciate and be thankful when love can touch our heart and mind. No escape from pain and hurt. Just needed to be added to lesson to walk slow and easy into love and emotion. I like the sour part of this poem. A strong ending to a excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful! I liked every part of it! This is something unique, something that I haven't seen before! Love and Light! Keep the work on!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
1 Review
Added on January 15, 2012
Last Updated on January 15, 2012

Author

Lucy Joan
Lucy Joan

About
"You can't write feuilletons with half a mind or one hand tied behind your back... I am not an encore, not a pudding, I am the main dish. I don't write 'witty glosses.' I paint the portrait of the a.. more..

Writing
Br ken Br ken

A Poem by Lucy Joan