A Children`s Guide to the World

A Children`s Guide to the World

A Poem by Leslie Philibert
"

a poem of no consequense.

"
After having breakfast ( tea and toast, and lots of it !),
and feeding the cat, I decided to look at the world.
A round ball, sometimes green, sometimes blue,
hanging between small lights. Looks very nice.
Some of the lights are near, some far away.
Covered in white stuff that moves , but so slowly,
you have to stand still to see it move.
There are places on this ball that are low, and places that are high.
If you are on a high place, you must be careful not to fall off.
Occupied by a lot of people, busy eating and doing things to produce children.
Mostly the same, some have a different colour and talk in their own way.
Some of these people don`t like other people, and do bad things.
(Like hitting them over the head with big sticks).
They will probably not survive, but if they do , they won`t believe it anyway.

© 2012 Leslie Philibert


Author's Note

Leslie Philibert
a really silly poem, written ( maybe) for children.
I probably won`t keep it for too long.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Keep it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kids wld love it. Keep it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I am not so sure that this is for children. It seems to contain lessons for adults really--and I am not sure that either the poem or the lessons are of no consequence--but it does make me want to read more of your work--

Posted 11 Years Ago


Really love how refreshing this poem is..
great writing :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Firstly, I was asked to read this and am so glad I did. Secondly, it is neither silly nor of no consequence. To actually say that about your work and feel that you won't keep it, really says a great deal about you.

Finally, you've touched upon a view of the world that is simplistic yet incredibly detailed and has an innocent humour about it too, which is highly refreshing.

I like the poem, I like your style and you should be proud. The fact that people want to read this should be testament to how good it is. Keep the faith. Don't delete it, please.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I enjoyed this! Your style is refreshing and I am grinning - for what that is worth. Actually, it's worth a lot, I really needed to grin.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love the first two lines. (knowing full well if the cat ain't happy, no one's going to be happy) I love how you sketch and paint the planet and its inhabitants, and I can see this as a picture book- not necessarily for children. don't delete.

Posted 11 Years Ago


As opposed to our present situation, wherein we really haven't survived and continue to delude ourselves into believing we have.
Much enjoyed your quirky, all-too-accurate global description for children of all ages.
By the way, I too, like tea and plenty of toast for breakfast--mostly because, it's practically all I know how to make.

Posted 11 Years Ago


never toss out a poem. somewhere in the future you'll re-discover them and be able to recognize them as the treasures they are. trust the people here who are telling you how wonderful this little poem is.


Posted 11 Years Ago


I really wish you wouldn't delete it, i think it is wonderful

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 27, 2012
Last Updated on May 27, 2012

Author

Leslie Philibert
Leslie Philibert

Bavaria, Germany



About
I`m not important. I just want to write a couple of good poems. Just read what I write. That`s enough. more..

Writing
End End

A Poem by Leslie Philibert



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Strength Strength

A Story by SM Davis