PART I; OZZY  Chapter 1: A new life

PART I; OZZY Chapter 1: A new life

A Chapter by Levana Hyll
"

A new life. The world as seen through the eyes of a nameless baby...

"

 

 

PART I
Ozzy
 
CHAPTER 1 A new life.
       He dreamed… he was in a perfect world were there was no pain or sorrow, only love and joy. He dreamed of a place where beings of light played and romped with him on knolls of iridescent colorful grass, filled with fragrant flowers of every color imaginable. His own light was splendorous here, but he soon grew sleepy and laid upon the grass with a sigh… and dreamed of another life.
       This life didn’t begin in the usual way, where two people come together in love, or otherwise, and a baby results from their union. He started out as a microscopic cell on a cold sliver of glass… this was his mother. A nanobot injected a strand of DNA into the cell… this was his father. The cell began to multiply until a tiny baby floated in a glass cylinder.
       A Seraph was concieved.
       At first, the tiny Seraph’s wings had no feathers, but a few weeks before the alien scientist removed him from the glass cylinder, they began to grow. The black feathers were downy and fluffy when they finally dried. Alien humanoid females came to nurse him and all was well.
       He didn’t require much back then. He fed and he slept, much like any other newborn. Reality was nothing but a hazy picture that floated before his unfocused eyes. Random faces would appear for his curious scrutiny, but they were never the same…. always changing, except for one.
       Then came the pain. His body began to hurt, terribly. He’d cry and cry, his piercing little wail filling the air, but there were no comforting arms to hold him, no warm kiss to soothe away the fear and hurt. Strange things were attached to his head that made him awaken from his newborn daydream. He gained knowledge until his head ached with the volume of it.
       In the days that followed the nightmare of the pain, he learned to turn over and lift his head. His hands fascinated him and he loved to keep them stuffed against his exploring mouth. He looked in wonder at his surroundings. Sounds came to his mind. They were called words. The word white repeated itself in his mind as his eyes traveled over the various objects in the room. The word silver and glass also whispered. Door. The door opened. Man. He was orange, his hair, eyes, mouth, body… he knew what all these things were.
       Woman. A woman came in.
His mouth began to water and excitement filled him. Milk. He wanted to be fed. His tummy burned.
       His downy black wings fanned enthusiastically behind his back, like a baby bird, as he kicked his small feet and licked his lips. The desperation of feeling a n****e in his mouth filling him with wondrous milk made him cry with anticipation.
       He was picked up from the crib and placed on the floor.
       “Crawl.”
       Rough hands pulled him up on his hands and knees, but he fell and bumped his chin when they released him.  He cried harder.
       Why were they doing this to him? The woman was close, but she made no move to fetch and nurse him.
       He pulled himself with his little hands to reach her, his baby toes pushing against the floor.
       Every time he would need to nurse, they would do this to him… and every time he would drag himself across the floor.
       There was more pain. Everything seemed to be getting smaller around him, including the people. They made him crawl and did things to his body that would make his muscles seize and clench until he ached.
        His only joy came when he was held and fed, but his wet nurses were becoming smaller, and soon he didn’t fit on their warm laps to nurse.
       He continued to learn things and every day his surroundings intrigued him more.
       His crib was replaced by a metal pen. He’d look around and recognize objects. Table… chairs… door… orange man… big red ball.
       The ball captivated him. It was very bright and attached to a string. The orange man tied it to a silver post in the corner of his pen then stepped back.
       He stared transfixed at the ball. His eyes darted out to the orange man then back to the ball. He wanted it. What would it taste like? He reached up, but it was too far away. He opened and closed his fingers and looked hopefully at the man. The orange man only smiled and told him to get up and get it.
       Get up.
       He stared at the ball. Turning over on his belly, he dragged himself over to the edge of the pen and gripped one of the metal bars.
       Get up.
       He looked up. His other hand gripped another bar. He pulled himself on his knees, his legs shaking from the exertion. His eyes never left the ball. He pulled with all his might, the tip of his tongue poking through his lips. His foot planted itself firmly on the cushiony mattress. He continued to pull seeing the ball closer. His legs ached, but he extended them beneath him, holding on to the metal bars with his hands. He stood. His legs wobbled unsteadily as he reached out and touched the big red ball. His uncoordinated hand swatted it and it bounced away from his reach, only to return and swat him back in the nose. Tears jumped to his eyes and he began to cry. His eyes searched the orange man’s face, but he only stood there laughing at his distress.
       “Stupid clone.”
       He sniffled and looked at the ball again.  Trying to be more careful, he lifted his wobbly hand again and touched the ball. It stopped swinging wildly. Using his forearm, he managed to get his mouth on the ball and licked.
       It was smooth and had a peculiar taste. Still it was much more pleasant than his mattress and much chewier than the metal bars from his pen.
       He’d learned not to bite himself because it was painful and also not to bite his wet nurses because that would earn him a slap and his feeding would stop for a few hours as punishment.
       A shiny object was placed before his pen.  He crawled over to investigate.
       “Mirror,” the orange man said.
       He stared in wonder at the image before him. There was another man on the other side of the glass looking at him with bright blue eyes. He crawled closer. So did the man. He had big black wings and long blonde hair. He also mimicked everything he did. He pressed his hands against the glass and saw that there was an exact copy of everything behind him on the other side of the glass… even a copy of the orange man.
       “That’s you, stupid. You’re looking at yourself.” The orange man approached and pointed at the mirror then put his hand on his shoulder. “Look at the dumb clone. That’s you. I made you.”
       He began to understand. The people on the other side of the glass weren’t real. They were only a reflection. He gazed at himself. He was a man with black wings.
       Clone. I am dumb clone. That’s what the orange man had called him.
       He smiled happily at himself, then laughed. He liked the smiling face that laughed with him. The orange man laughed too.
 


© 2010 Levana Hyll


Author's Note

Levana Hyll
If you read this let me know how you feel about this story. I is not going to be my usual steamy erotica, but a children's tale of adventure set in a fantasy universe of magical creatures.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice. I like how you mixed sci-fi with fantasy themes. Nice presentation of the "baby's" mind too. Very vivid imagery and nice details too. Great first chapter. grammar's good also.
Great job. Keep up the good work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It was cute I was a little thrown by the Ozzy name because I thought of Ozzy Osbourne lol but very cute I liked it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow.
I liked this chapter it was exciting, and interesting.


Posted 14 Years Ago


What a fantastic begining. Intriguing, well imagined and executed.
I agree that there needs to be a little more reference to time, though obviously that is not going to be from his perspective.
All in all tis is a great start however and I look forward to reading more

Chris K


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hmm, it's really good. I'm confused. Is he a man at the end or a baby still?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really really very much like this! It is interesting to say the least and it draws you in. Well at least it drew me in and it leaves questions that I want answered and cannot wait for the next establishment in the story. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Send me a read request when you enter another chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! I like it, A orange man,
Wonderful write here, It's very interesting
This is very enjoyable so far.
I hope you don't mind if i read your book.



Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like it! It's interesting. The way it was written is very much like a child writing...or someone who thinks like a child, giving the character more personality. And and orange alien man...hehe I like that he's not green. I can't wait to read more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

459 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 24, 2009
Last Updated on October 28, 2010


Author

Levana Hyll
Levana Hyll

Boca Raton, FL



About
The youngest of eight children, Levana was creating stories before she could read or write by folding loose pieces of paper together and drawing pictures. By the time she reached her teens, she was wr.. more..

Writing
Bewitched? Bewitched?

A Chapter by Levana Hyll



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..