Sway

Sway

A Poem by Levioshock
"

Just a way for me to express life lately

"

Study, study study

Oh how my mind goes

Forgetting everything

About life’s flow

 

Why must we “hit the books” so much?

Does it not hurt enough?

I just want to sway

In the wind’s every winding way

© 2010 Levioshock


Author's Note

Levioshock
Tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice. I think we all need to relearn to sway.

Posted 14 Years Ago


i love the last two lines. Good comparison with just wanting to escape everyday life. Sway into the wind and forget about it. Good piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I agree with a fellow reviewer about changing "every" to "ever." I like the message, and I agree. Not only does one need a break once in a while from school or work, but from life itself.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I still take classes and must keep learning at 51 years old. Secret is to find a place of peace. I like my writing and reading. My escape from the crazy world. I like the last lines. When I was young I would suicide board the ocean and free climb. Two quiet places for a wild and crazy heart. A excellent poem. You made me think.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this a lot and can totally relate, school can be overwhelming sometimes and all you want to do is get away from it all. My favorite lines were "Does it not hurt enough? I just want to sway in the wind's every winding way." One more thing maybe you want to change "wind's every winding way." to "wind's EVER winding way." But that's up to you just though I'd point it out. Overall nice write, short and sweet. Keep it up. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


HEY, I LIKE THIS ONE, BECAUSE I ALSO JUST WANT TO SWAY IN THE WIND'S EVERY WINDING WAY. BEAUTIFUL.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Great flow, the first stanza catches my attention with the repetition of study, it shows you how important but at the same time how stressful it can be. Great write. !!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this. It's a thought that I'm sure most everyone has thought before. Such a desire to leave the work of study and just run off into the forest, to learn more from nature. :]
The last two lines were my favourites, a very distinguished contrast with the first two lines of that stanza.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I liked it. It was good. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


It's a good poem, well written and everything.
I like the structue and the occasional rhyme thrown in,
but I have a question regarding the last line.
Shouldn't it be 'ever' winding way? If not, I apologize.
It just seems like it'd fit better.
Thanks for sharing! Keep writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

599 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 1, 2010
Last Updated on April 1, 2010

Author

Levioshock
Levioshock

Copley, OH



About
My writing is dark. I don't know why, it's just what comes out of me. I love writing and I love reviewing writing so give me all you can. If you want to get to know me, hit me up on facebook :) more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Open Arms Open Arms

A Poem by A.Lee


Fear Fear

A Poem by HorrorMaster