Life (Can't hold you back)

Life (Can't hold you back)

A Poem by Levioshock
"

I thought of this awesome line that I turned into a poem

"
When you're in the fight
Fight with all your might
Battle for control
This is just your soul

Swing and sway and serenade 
Force your will right through
Ignore the attack
Life can't hold you back

© 2010 Levioshock


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so brief yet, good things come in small packages. I had to read it more than once to absorb the effect.

'Life can't hold you back' I feel stronger and capable arready. Thank you for sharing this little gem.

-youoweyoupay

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the last stanza.To me it's saying sometimes you have to be sneaky and wheedle to get what you want. But then other times you need to be loud and get in peoples faces and tell them what you need to say. Ignore what everyones telling you and go for it. Just because you're human doesn't mean you can't do outstanding things.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a great poem about fighting for what we want out of life.


Posted 13 Years Ago


A great message about life. I like it

Posted 13 Years Ago


A lovely message is conveyed here. Life, can't live with it, can't live without it ;) On a more serious note though, it flowed nicely for such a short piece, and was strongly portrayed. Good write :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love the sentiment in this poem. the only one who can truly hold us down is ourselves. If you deeply want something then we must fight. Great inspiring write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love this. Short, but very strong. Especially in the last stanza. Great work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


These were my fav lines...
Swing and sway and serenade
Force your will right through
-they seemed to come right from the depths of your soul.

Ignore the attack - not sure I agree with that
Life can't hold you back - I don't agree, mainly because I think i have a different definition of life.

"When you're in the fight
Fight with all your might - does that need to be stated?
Battle for control
This is just your soul' - not sure I follow "JUST your SOUL" ??

Was that sarcastic?

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice poem. Thanks for sharing your words with me.
Life and Light!
TT-TTO-NI-K
Elk

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's a very true poem, and I loved what you were saying in it. My advice, and you don't have to follow it, but if you set a rhyme scheme (aabb) in the first stanza, you should keep it in all the following stanzas. Great poem and happy holidays.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

750 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 25, 2010
Last Updated on December 25, 2010

Author

Levioshock
Levioshock

Copley, OH



About
My writing is dark. I don't know why, it's just what comes out of me. I love writing and I love reviewing writing so give me all you can. If you want to get to know me, hit me up on facebook :) more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..