"Fallon's God" Teaser 2

"Fallon's God" Teaser 2

A Story by Askew
"

Just another short excerpt from my work in progress.

"
They were all here.
There was Janum in his mirrored robes, and in them I could see my own shocked face. Behind him, hidden in his shadow and the folds of his robes, I could see the small dirty feet and luminescent eyes of Malna Dee. 
I sensed movement behind me and before I had the chance to look over my shoulder, two figures, one gold like the sun and the other silver like the moon, appeared in front of me wearing matching smirks. 
Nal and Lan. Twins.
And there in the corner, the most human looking of them all with his poisonous green eyes and light brown hair that framed a face carved for seduction and destruction, stood Kylan.
The others were scattered throughout the room. But it wasn't just The Nine that were here, The Minors were as well. 
Looking at The Minors it was hard to believe they had been forgotten. They were even more absurd looking then The Nine. Some were transparent, others were no bigger than my thumb. I could see feathers and what looked like tails.
They were all here. They still existed.
We had abandoned them, but clearly they had not abandoned us.
The twins slowly backed away from me until they were just two glowing figures standing on either side of Janum. I couldn't help but notice how beautiful it was when the light bounced off their golden and silver skin.

As if trading places, Janum stepped forward, Malna Dee scurrying to keep up with him and stay hidden beneath his robes.


He bowed his head to me, and I noticed his hair was just as reflective as his robes. It was as if each strand was a shard of a mirror. 
He raised his head and met my eyes. I don't know what he saw in them, but it caused an amused smile to grow across his face.
He extended his arms as if about to pull me into a hug, but instead his smile widened and he said, "Fallon Sharpe, we both welcome you, and thank you."

© 2018 Askew


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

151 Views
Added on December 20, 2018
Last Updated on December 20, 2018

Author

Askew
Askew

Canada



About
I’m 22, and don’t write as often as I’d like. more..

Writing
Hunger Hunger

A Poem by Askew