Mockingbird

Mockingbird

A Poem by Pookie

Watch the Mockingbird fly and play, watch as it drinks the nectar from the white flower. 
See as it only take a sip then flies away.
Watch as a little girl dances and plays with the bird.
See as a little boy comes and rips the Mocking birds wings.
Watch the life drain from the little bird. 
See as the sin wraps around the boy and make him a sinner.
Watch as the Mockingbird dies, with so much sorrow its little boy can't take it all.
See the little girl smirk with happiness as she watches the bird die in front of her.
Watch the boy and girl laugh and play now that the mockingbird is dead.

Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don't eat up people's gardens, don't nest in corncribs, they don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird.

© 2010 Pookie


Author's Note

Pookie
Just something that hit me when I finished reading To Kill a Mockingbird. Touching, truly touching.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very heartfelt.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I enjoyed it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

367 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 8, 2010
Last Updated on November 8, 2010

Author

Pookie
Pookie

Middletown, NY



About
Would like to give a shout out to my good friend Brooke Madison. Love you girlll Hi! My name is Leyra. Just to keep this short, I love to write, anything and everything. I have a Book I am currently.. more..

Writing
Blood Ring Blood Ring

A Book by Pookie


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Pookie


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Pookie