The Academy

The Academy

A Story by ♡Moon Child♡
"

This is the diary of a girl who is taken to a place that is supposed to be a rehabilitation center, but is actually somewhere where people are taken to be forgotten. It is a place of death and despair. You will follow the story of two teenagers, both of

"

August 8, 1999 - Day 1

8:00 am

I have arrived.  The walls here are painted black and the tiles on the floor are colored a blood-red.  The scent of Lysol barely covers the scent of decay and death.  Upon arrival, I was given this little black book and told to write in it whenever I wanted.  So, I suppose it will be like a diary.  This place…they call it The Academy.  Supposedly it’s a place where I have been brought to for rehabilitation.  Yeah, right.  I’m here until I die, I just know it.  My mother didn’t even kiss me goodbye.  I suppose that’s only to be expected…she did love the monster…

 

11:00 am

Well, I just had my first session with my “counselor”.  She was a dumpy sort of woman with graying hair and a mole on her chin with a hair growing out of it.  Her dress was poop-brown and shapeless, and her eyes were a piercing ice-blue.  It felt like she could read my mind.  She asked to see my diary and I showed it to her.  What do I have to hide?  They can’t do worse to me than what he did. 

As she looked over my first entry she had a speculative look on her face.  Then she looked at me and asked, “What are your thoughts on the rehabilitation program?”

I stared at her in surprise and then shrugged, unwilling to speak, to let her know any of my secrets…

She asked another question.

“Do you really think we will keep you here until you die?”

I shrugged again and began playing with the frayed edge of my sleeve.

“Lily, please talk to me.”, she requested.

I shuddered at the sound of my name. That’s what the monster called me. My full name is Lilium Cynthia Cooper.  I know, strange name, right? 

“It’s Lilium.” I corrected quietly.

The counselor looked a bit surprised that I had finally spoken.  What was her name?  I can’t remember…

“Yes, my dear.” she said, in a voice that seemed strained.

I lowered my eyes again and continued to play with my sleeve.  She asked me a lot more questions, but I ignored her and eventually she had the wardens come to get me.  And they are here again.  It must be lunch time.  I will write more later.

 

3:00 pm

I have found someone here in this academy to which I can talk to.  His name is Van.  I asked him what he had done to get put in here and he told me that he killed someone.  I didn’t ask anything more on the subject.  Like me, he most likely had a reason.  He wears all black-black shoes, black pants, and black shirt.  Also he has on his fingers many rings, some silver with a Celtic design, a couple black with silver markings.  Around his neck he wears 5 chains, each of different color and design.  He’s to be my roommate so I’m sure we will have many interesting conversations.  We already did have one about the Guardians.  The Guardians are sort of our counselors, but they also deal out punishments for bad children.  Oh, here he is now.  I will write later.

 

4:00 pm

He is asleep now so I think I may write for awhile.  He is very handsome.  His dark black hair, so black it’s almost blue, is quite soft.  A strand has fallen across his forehead and I am quite tempted to move it. Okay, I did.  It was just too tempting.  He has a very slim build, but you can tell that there are muscles beneath his pale skin.  He hasn’t called me Lily once which I totally count as a plus.  He told me that my name, Lilium, was too pretty to not use.  I blushed, then, for the first time in months.  He then began teasing me for my red cheeks and I ended up doubled over in laughter.  So, we may actually get along.  Gosh, I’m kind of tired.  I think I’ll take a nap. Goodnight, diary.

© 2009 ♡Moon Child♡


Author's Note

♡Moon Child♡
This is just the very beginning of this story...tell me what you think and if it seems to be liked I will add more!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very interesting, had me hooked all the way through and when I reached the end even gave a sigh of disappointment, I want to see more, amazing start and ending, can't wait for the next few journal logs, and I'm very interested in hearing the underlying stories of Lilium and Van, great start.
Good job, you have me hooked.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i do love your stories... if you do ever find time to write, please do add it here as many people, including me will be looking forward to it
it was short but i could feel like it'll turn out to be an amazing story

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like this one i was really hooked and i want to know more...plz do add more i am looking forward on reading it :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This stayed on track all the way through. The characters were in tact and so was your plot. You have a way with story telling, maybe I will see more stories out of you. You have a gift for them. So I must say
this an amazing story and a wonderful job writing it. I would like to see more of yoru story when you add more.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hehe u add more and i'll read more.... this was very good, got me hooked from line one lol ^_^ keep writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very interesting, had me hooked all the way through and when I reached the end even gave a sigh of disappointment, I want to see more, amazing start and ending, can't wait for the next few journal logs, and I'm very interested in hearing the underlying stories of Lilium and Van, great start.
Good job, you have me hooked.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is the start of a very interesting story. I was interested the whole
way through. I also like the chemistry between Lilium and Van. I am curious
to see what may come up between the two and with the Academy.

I would love to read more...AD



Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is sooo interesting!! I can hardly wait to read more! it's such a different idea and I love your character names! Awesome awesome write! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 15, 2009

Author

♡Moon Child♡
♡Moon Child♡

Chandler, AZ



About
Hello, it is very nice of you to stop by. Please check out my writing and leave a review or even a comment on my page. I am a spiritualist, a Moon Child, a Gemini, an empath, and many other things. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..