Jeremy

Jeremy

A Story by RachelReaper
"

:D dolphins!!!!!!!

"

Jeremy

   Florida. A couple miles away from a beach, and even more important than that, it's the first time I ever saw a dolphin. When Jed, Crystal, Paul, Fay, Victoria, Josh, my mom, and myself went to Jr.'s house (Jed's boss, and Jr. is R.I.C.H.), Jr. and his wife, Tabitha, came out of their yellow and beige four story estate to greet us in what must be a mile long driveway.

   Jr. is a big man, with a matching big, booming personality and toothy grin. "Jed! Paul! Crystal! Haven't seen you guys in ages!" He embraces Jed in a man-hug and then my two cousins before the rest of us are introduced.

   Tabitha is about as old as Jr., in her middle ages with her hair bleached by the sun, bright eyes, and a giggly smile. She shakes all of our hands warmly before someone finally asks, "So where's the boat?"

   Jr. laughs, "So eager already? Ha! Boat's in the dock, this way." He motions, leading us through an elegant iron gate to the docks. Excitement starts to bubble up inside of me, and I know I may sound like a little kid at Christmas when I say this, but I really was eager to go on the boat ride. The last time I had ridden on a boat was the water taxi tour I had taken the year before when I was in New York City.

   When we got to the docks, tons of other resident's boats were tied up there, too. All of them looked top-of-the-line, new, and clean. Lucky b******s.

   Tabitha unties a boat that runs on a motor and seats about ten people in a circle. I, of course, take the seat up front with my cousin Crystal.

   "How many times have you ridden in this?" I ask Crystal as the rest of my family crowds in the boat.

   Crystal looks up at the cloudless sky, thinking, "About eight or nine, I think." She says, "We usually see dolphins on the way."

   My eyes widen, "Seriously? Just out in the open? I've never seen a dolphin before."

   She looks at me strangely, "How could you have never seen a- oh, yeah. I keep forgetting you don't live here."

   I laugh, "Yeah, there's not many sea creatures in Pennsylvania."

   "Everyone in?" Jr. calls, and rocks the boat when he steps into the driver's seat and grabs the black steering wheel.

   "We're ready." Victoria says in her usual delicate, high pitched trill.

   I give Jr. a thumbs up.

   "A'ight! We're on!" He exclaims, and dramatically starts up the boat. We all grip the sides of the boat for dear life only to find out the boat was moving at two miles an hour.

   "Ha! Scared you, didn't I?" Jr. asks as we un-brace ourselves and relax, "We'll go faster once we're outta the docks." Victoria mock-glares him, and he smiles at her.

   "Just scare the hell out of us." I hear my mom say.

   The boat glides through the water, slowly at first, and we're rocked back and forth on the waves. Some people get seasick from the sensation, but I come from two Navy parents who had spent months at a time on ships in the past, so maybe I was born used to it. That was back when my parents lived in California.

   Crystal and I watch the sea foam trail away from our boat as we move through the water and wait to get out of the docks filled with huge, luxury boats, boats identical to ours, and glossy sailboats with bright red and blue sails.

   Jr. cranks up the speed to twenty miles an hour and we start to move through the water more violently up and down on the waves. Ocean spray splashes in all of our faces. "Jr.? It's not going to do this the whole time, is it?" Fay asks, clutching the guard rail. Crystal and I dare each other to stand up and let go of the bar in front of us to see how long we can go without falling down.

   "Once we round this corner, it'll get less choppy and we'll porb'ly see some dolphins." Jr. yelled over the ocean.

   Jr. turns the steering wheel to a hard right, and about fifteen seconds later the water feels calm again. It's odd how the ocean works.

   My eyes scan the water for a hint of fin or flipper.

   It seemed like I had been looking for hours, and I was just about to give up, but then, slowly slicing out of the endless blue was a curved, grey fin. "Guys, it over there!" Crystal exclaims before I can, and points to a spot twenty five feet away.

   By the time everyone else is looking, two more dolphin fins come up to meet a chorus of, "I see it!" and, "I saw that one, too!" and the click of a camera. Then, one fully jumps out of the water in an arc and does that weird dolphin call, before splashing back into the water. Dolphins seemed so much more elegant in person.  

   "Must be a pod of 'em." Jr. says, and steers the boat closer.

   A cute, sweet dolphin head pops out of the water to look at us. He has sleek, grey skin, and a long bottle nose. He c***s his head to the side, probably thinking, "What are those strange looking things?" Then disappears back into the water, and part of his tail comes up when he dives to make a splash near the boat.

   "We should give him a name." Crystal tells me, and I quirk and eyebrow at her. "You know, because its the first dolphin you've ever seen."

   "Um, okay..." I say, "How about Jeremy?"

   "Why Jeremy?" Crystal asks.

   "Because, Jeremy is just such an awesome name, everything else is bland in comparison." Crystal rolls her eyes, but laughs, "Fine, Jeremy, then."

   The rest of the trip went smoothly. We saw plenty of other creatures like pelicans, seagulls, and a crane. But none of that was as memorable as my first dolphin sighting.

   When I think of Jeremy's adorable, playful demeanor, I think of my vacation in Florida with clarity, and all of the excitement that came with it.  

 

  

© 2012 RachelReaper


Author's Note

RachelReaper
Tell me what you thought of it, and if you saw any grammar errors. But... what did you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can't do you grammar error things. It wouldn't be fair to a well written story. I hate reading stories. I really do!! For some strange reason, between you and two other girls.... I can't get off of you. I keep coming back and seeing what new stories are up. I don't even read books at home, and still...... and still come back on to check you out!! : ) I LOVE your story. It was like a TV show. I'm actually a bit jealous and wish I had the chance to have you in earshot's distance to see how "I" can write with paragraphs and of the like, like you!! Man, I LOVE dolphins..... you drew me in. lol I had just finished scanning my OWN poem for errors, called, "In the Wakes". There are dolphins there, but the poem isn't OF a dolphin. I wish I was on that boat with you while this was going on. Although, it would have been weird because you don't know me, and Crystal and Fay and the crew would be strong enough to push me over, and even though dolphins save people in distress often..... I would prove to be the exception to such a rule!! lol It would be awkward, buuuuut dolphins rock. : ) But dolphins. lol That sounds funny. Great story. Fun to read, bookmark, and feel as if you are there with you having this fun, also!! Beautiful RachelReaper. xoxo -Your Mark

Posted 11 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
DOLPHINS!!!!!
This story was really fun to read!! Really good writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh god i love dolphins and i really wanna see at least one in my lifetime...they are really cute creatures and coming back to the story, i felt this was as sweet as the dolphins:-):-):-D.


Posted 11 Years Ago


It was cute! I love dolphins ! the story plot went along nicely ans had a cute ending! Good write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lovely write , interesting and memorable.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
it was cute and lovely story...i enjoyed it...as far as i see there is no errors...
reading this made me think of the times i saw one myself...when we go island hopping..in our country...remembering the sunny beach...wonderful write my friend...its seems like it was based on your vacation...

Posted 11 Years Ago


I thought this was adorable. I didnt see any mistakes

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 17, 2012
Last Updated on September 17, 2012

Author

RachelReaper
RachelReaper

About
Hey!!!!! My name is Rachel, and my unofficial last name is Reaper. I am 14 years old. Blood and kisses to all who review my work, I appreciate it so much and couldn't express to you how much it means .. more..

Writing
Runaway Runaway

A Poem by RachelReaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..