Everything I Saw

Everything I Saw

A Story by RachelReaper
"

A dream I had

"

Everything I saw

   Long, white sleeves brush the ground caked with ash. A dull, orange tinted glow from a sun too far away reflects on broken bits of glass lying on the five lane street. Breathing in burns like fire, and the scent of decay rots in the air. I try to swallow the unsettling, hair raising feeling that swells inside of me, the feeling I get knowing everyone around me is dead.  

   They cover the ground like soldiers after a brutal war. Everywhere I look they stare at the gray skies, faced down, or directly at me, but I can't stop. I have to keep moving forward.

   Buildings crumpled to rubble, I can't tell broken bits of furniture from limbs the way everything is covered in black and white flakes. I pick my way through cautiously and try not to look into their lifeless eyes that seem glossed over with panic, frozen in death.

   I'm not led by knowledge of where I'm going, but by instinct of where I need to be.

   The moment I see it I immediately know where I am. Fear and recognition stab me to my core, making me physically double over and fall to my knees. The enormous, shattered city I loved so dearly... I had only been gone a few years...

   The Empire State seemed to sneer defiantly in the low light, the last to stand.

   "They're coming," Someone whispered to me. Someone I couldn't see. They're warning cascaded through the raining bits of debris, though there was no wind at all to carry it coming from any direction. Everything else was deathly still.

   "They're coming, they're coming, they're coming," Came more urgently now.

   From a distance I could see and I cried out in pain as if I was the one crumbling apart.

   The Empire State bowed its head for the last time and began its descent back down to Earth, grandly rumbling as it fell. One window shattering after another as it caved in on itself. With a final battle cry, it crashed to millions of shards and splinters of the past.

   "They're here."  

© 2013 RachelReaper


Author's Note

RachelReaper
a dream I had about the future gone wrong, tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your detail is amazing and I really enjoyed reading this. It reminds me of a different view of the Apocalypse.

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

thanks you for reading :)
great job, can't help but feel doomed myself after reading this, thanks for sharing:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

your welcome
marie

11 Years Ago

:)
It's a good overall peom. I love the realism it has, the dream poem. I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Excellent write, I believe this is one of your best.

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

thank you!
Ethale Captor

11 Years Ago

No problem.
so how did this come to be? little confused. but still great imagery

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

I have no idea, it was just a dream and I wanted to write it down. Your confusion matches my own.
Boy of the red

11 Years Ago

i hate when that happens to me
Creepy very creepy but in a good way I loved it. Favorite part was... I loved it all was so so very good. Great work was awesome! Thank you so so much very sending it to me. It is very intresting. Sounds like a creepy dream. Would be a good start for a story i think you could carry on with this. Well done. I truly enjoyed it. Thank you for a great awesome read!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I was truthfully a little confused who's coming? how did this happen? why is she the only one left?

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

exactly how I felt when I was dreaming it.
Art Lover/Love Writing

11 Years Ago

True
Very creepy... I loved it!! :D Awesome job. ^_^ My favorite part was... All of it. ;) Your imagery was excellent, as well as suspense. Enjoyed!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Creepy, but in a good way. I was wrapped in the writing, i felt like i was the one dreaming it. This would be really cool in a movie. X'D xx

Posted 11 Years Ago


very gripping! probably someone might take a movie out of this in the future, continue writing :D

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

926 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on January 19, 2013
Last Updated on January 23, 2013

Author

RachelReaper
RachelReaper

About
Hey!!!!! My name is Rachel, and my unofficial last name is Reaper. I am 14 years old. Blood and kisses to all who review my work, I appreciate it so much and couldn't express to you how much it means .. more..

Writing
Runaway Runaway

A Poem by RachelReaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..