Everything I Saw

Everything I Saw

A Story by RachelReaper
"

A dream I had

"

Everything I saw

   Long, white sleeves brush the ground caked with ash. A dull, orange tinted glow from a sun too far away reflects on broken bits of glass lying on the five lane street. Breathing in burns like fire, and the scent of decay rots in the air. I try to swallow the unsettling, hair raising feeling that swells inside of me, the feeling I get knowing everyone around me is dead.  

   They cover the ground like soldiers after a brutal war. Everywhere I look they stare at the gray skies, faced down, or directly at me, but I can't stop. I have to keep moving forward.

   Buildings crumpled to rubble, I can't tell broken bits of furniture from limbs the way everything is covered in black and white flakes. I pick my way through cautiously and try not to look into their lifeless eyes that seem glossed over with panic, frozen in death.

   I'm not led by knowledge of where I'm going, but by instinct of where I need to be.

   The moment I see it I immediately know where I am. Fear and recognition stab me to my core, making me physically double over and fall to my knees. The enormous, shattered city I loved so dearly... I had only been gone a few years...

   The Empire State seemed to sneer defiantly in the low light, the last to stand.

   "They're coming," Someone whispered to me. Someone I couldn't see. They're warning cascaded through the raining bits of debris, though there was no wind at all to carry it coming from any direction. Everything else was deathly still.

   "They're coming, they're coming, they're coming," Came more urgently now.

   From a distance I could see and I cried out in pain as if I was the one crumbling apart.

   The Empire State bowed its head for the last time and began its descent back down to Earth, grandly rumbling as it fell. One window shattering after another as it caved in on itself. With a final battle cry, it crashed to millions of shards and splinters of the past.

   "They're here."  

© 2013 RachelReaper


Author's Note

RachelReaper
a dream I had about the future gone wrong, tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Brutal. Great story girl!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This sounds like one Hell of a vivid dream, your make admirable use of the senses here which allows us as readers to connect to it very closely, well done! It's funny how dreams can be inspiring whilst still so surreal, this one sounds terrifying, and certainly I agree would make a great story line! Your writing improves every time I read it, keep at it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow this was really interesting for a dream. I think this could be the start of a really interesting story

Posted 11 Years Ago


This sounds like an interesting dream. It sounds like it would be a good start to a story. Ive never had dreams like this before. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow! A very interesting yet creepy dream. You created a great image and it was very well written! Well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

thanks!
The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

you're welcome! :)
intersting...kinda creepy, but thought-provoking too. Vrey descriptive :) I tend to forget my dreams, so this is cool ~em

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

thanks for the review :)
What a dream!! I never have dreams that follow a story line so clearly haha
That's quite disturbing, to be honest. Even the thought of waking up, and being totally alone... I can't imagine... This is a wonderfully written piece, i feel like i was the one dreaming it XD
Well done! This really got me thinking :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

thanks for the review :)
Jessie

11 Years Ago

Thanks for sharing your dream :D
that's really creepy....well written and detailed but creepy. My dreams often tend to be weird or strange and I absolutely hate when you wake up and cant remember it!! Oh well, great job :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

thanks!
C.C. Marx

11 Years Ago

My pleasure

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

922 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on January 19, 2013
Last Updated on January 23, 2013

Author

RachelReaper
RachelReaper

About
Hey!!!!! My name is Rachel, and my unofficial last name is Reaper. I am 14 years old. Blood and kisses to all who review my work, I appreciate it so much and couldn't express to you how much it means .. more..

Writing
Runaway Runaway

A Poem by RachelReaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..