Writing Prompts to Clear Writer's Block #2

Writing Prompts to Clear Writer's Block #2

A Story by RachelReaper
"

More prompts to clear writer's block.

"

Writing Prompts to Clear Writer's Block #2

1. Think of your favorite product you use, it can be anything. Work on your persuasive writing techniques by writing a commercial for that product, or coming up with things to write about it that would make another person want to buy it.

2. Conjure in your head the most beautiful place you've ever been to, think of what it felt like to be there, who you were with, how it looked, and what you were thinking of while you were there. Write a short story about it, mainly using description and balancing it between what you felt internally and sensory details.

3. Imagine you lived in a world where every wish you made out loud came true. What are the troubles of that world? Does that world have wishing laws? How does that affect your everyday life? Write a short novel on it (like, you know, a novella).

4. Write a poem or short story in the point of view of your favorite video game character, and write a scene from his/her most intense battle.

5. Go to Google Images and type in words like "Coral Reef", "Fantasy Landscape", or "Outer Space". Use one of the images from the search as a picture prompt and draw your inspiration to write from that.

6. If you just won the mega million, how would you spend/donate/blow it all and why? Write about it.

7. If they made "The Hangover Part Four" (God help us), write a scene you think should be in that movie using the formal movie script format, as if you are the actual "Hangover" screen writer.

8. You can transform into any animal/sea creature/ insect/ mythical creature you want. Write a poem about your transformation into that creature; be as creative as you can.  

© 2013 RachelReaper


Author's Note

RachelReaper
More prompts I wrote as a follow-up to my last writer's block prompts after people in the reviews asked for another one. Were these helpful? Tell me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have writers block, but I've realized it's mostly cause I don't really care anymore, when I do care again, I'll write again, for now I'm just not even gonna try.

Posted 10 Years Ago


In hang over four they all get executed by the Mujahadeen so there's no hang over 5


Posted 10 Years Ago


RachelReaper

10 Years Ago

:)
I just might have to take a dance sometime with prompts 2, 3 and 4.

Posted 10 Years Ago


RachelReaper

10 Years Ago

thank you for reading
More great ideas! Thank you, Rachel! I will have to try out some of these as well. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


RachelReaper

10 Years Ago

thanks :)
Dark Rider

10 Years Ago

You're welcome.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

906 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on April 29, 2013
Last Updated on April 29, 2013

Author

RachelReaper
RachelReaper

About
Hey!!!!! My name is Rachel, and my unofficial last name is Reaper. I am 14 years old. Blood and kisses to all who review my work, I appreciate it so much and couldn't express to you how much it means .. more..

Writing
Runaway Runaway

A Poem by RachelReaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..