The Blood Bender

The Blood Bender

A Chapter by RachelReaper
"

A multi- genre book that has been one of my favorite ideas.

"

Blood

   My name is Treipa Perish, but I wasn't always, I must remind myself every day. Every day, or sink into insanity.

   Pain.

   It radiates through this poor man's body, the unfortunate soul who got on some general's bad side. What's worse? I'm the one causing his suffering.

   You know, I wasn't always this way, this monster they try harder and harder to make me out to be each day . There once was a time when my name was Sarah Chell and I was a loving daughter to Mr. and Mrs. Chell, and a doting girlfriend to Riley Sander. I was even on Kranem's high school volleyball and track team with a place in Mindy's clique. The cutesy one, fun. An adorable blond.

   Somewhere deep in the most horrid place in my mind, a familiar switch clicks on and gives me control over the writhing form in front of me, over his bloodstream that will flow faster or slower in his veins at my will. I see no reason to prolong the inevitable, and feel a terrible wrench in what must be my black, crusted over heart when I make his arteries explode inside of him.

   Whenever I look in the mirror, all I see is Treipa Perish and any lingering traces of Sarah Chell are all but extinguished. Taken from me by brute force.

   The man on the ground, who I didn't bother to learn the name of, only the face, is dead. I pull a stamp out of the pocket of my navy blue hoodie and I place it firmly on the man's forehead that is slick with rain. I try hard not to look into his lifeless eyes. Someone will eventually find him in this narrow alleyway in Boston.

   "Don't try to gamble with our government." I said quietly to the man, who might have had a wife and kids, friends and other caring relatives.

   When I pick myself off the soaking wet asphalt, I notice my artificially brunette hair is plastered to the side of my face in the downpour, and my thick eyelashes that frame my brown eyes (they used to be blue, but not since I was made to wear colored contacts. Another extra disguise precaution) are sticking together in wet clumps. I shivered with the cold.

   Now was the part where I was supposed to meet back up at the hotel I was staying at three blocks down from the alley, but I was in no hurry to get back and tell all about my "great success" in my first solo mission that will be written down in the record book of all of my other "successes".

   That made me laugh, though it sounded dark and sadistic, even to my own ears. Sarah Chell would have never disobeyed a direct order. But what you must understand, what they all have to understand, is that when they wrenched Sarah Chell away from me and all my old life, they got Treipa Perish.

   Treipa and Sarah are two very different people.

   But maybe this is all too much to spring on you at one time. I think it's time for a flashback. 



© 2012 RachelReaper


Author's Note

RachelReaper
you like?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is a very good well paced story


Posted 11 Years Ago


This sounds very intriguing, pulling the reader in quickly. This very much appears to be the beginning to a great story. There is emotion within the main character. We now know sort of what is happening. There seems to be a strong plot just waiting to explode into a full blown story. I never got lost and every thing flowed well. Thank you for the very interesting read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like very much!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I think this piece is alot better than the other one you entered. It shows a good sense of depth and characterisation. When I read this I can see that you connect with your work even though it is only short. The end of the piece did grip me, I really enjoyed your closing line.
I hope that you decide to finish on of your novels because I will be keeping an eye out :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very interesting. I'll definitely be watching this. One note, I had to read this sentence three times before I got it: "I see no reason to prolong the inevitable, and feel a terrible wrench in what must be my black, crusted over heart when I make his arteries explode inside of him." If there's any way you could figure to reword that and make it less confusing I would encourage that.

Posted 11 Years Ago


It is a great prologue there are readers wating to see what is next I my self am too I like your other book Reaper If I were you I would pick one to finish first and then post. Reaper or Blood. I pick Reaper.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I do like this, and i will be waiting for an update. This is really good. It's almost like she's talking directly to the reader, which i love. More! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


yes, I am going to update soon, as soon as I get the chance.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I want to know what happens! :) Gonna update soon?

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

599 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 17, 2012
Last Updated on July 21, 2012


Author

RachelReaper
RachelReaper

About
Hey!!!!! My name is Rachel, and my unofficial last name is Reaper. I am 14 years old. Blood and kisses to all who review my work, I appreciate it so much and couldn't express to you how much it means .. more..

Writing
Runaway Runaway

A Poem by RachelReaper