Sentenced To Hell

Sentenced To Hell

A Poem by Dark Poetry
"

Judgement has deliver you to...

"

The orchestra of death sings

                                 Their voice sinful and pretty...

               Saying what lies ahead...

                                       All ladies of red and black...

 

Desperately...

   Running away from the singing...

                              On a road filled with suffering bodies...

                Like the one he read on Dante's Inferno...

 

He heard a voice saying: "Don't cry"

                        The voice was his partner  

                            Who died in the time they were robbing a bank...

    The body was naked, skinned and bloodied...

 

He said in a hazy voice: "Don't cry, it's all your fault anyway"

                       "You left me there shot and wounded"

          "Now it's your turn to rot"

                           He began laughing while thorns peirced his body

 

He ran....ran....and ran...

                            Deeper in the depths of the abyss

                 Trying to escape...

                                From the sins etched in his veins

                    He screamed his warcry and kneel helplessly asking forgiveness to God...

© 2012 Dark Poetry


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh yes. This is poetry, this is life as it softly fades into the last moments of death. This is the quiet you hear right after the orchestra stops playing. This... this is what i love. Your words are dark but shine so brightly, forming their darkness like a cloud. Screaming out in the softness that dies so quietly as the last words fall into a sleep never again to wake from. It spreads goosebumps, it sheds tears, and leaves no room to apologize. Beautiful. Deep. Dark. AMAZING.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow...Dark Poetry you truly have a gift. You are very descriptive and took me to be "Sentenced to Hell" Great writing, thx.

Posted 11 Years Ago


im speachless

Posted 11 Years Ago


it does remind me of one of the circles of hell in the inferno. sounds like a morbid nightmare. great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A nice story with gruesome imagery. Kinda mysterious as well with the bank robbing partner and all. Which I like. Nice work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I liked this up until the closing few stanzas. This feels more provacative than it arrives. Which abyss? Robbing a bank? I felt something much bigger than that, and awaited its arrival. I liked that you referred to Dante, a wildly intoxicating, eruidite piece. I loose track before he asks forgiveness from God. One vein of your tale is profound, the other, later, tacked on as a neccessary conclusion. Not all stories within us have a resolution. Sometimes we just have to hang. And wonder.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like this a lot. Just a few errors I noticed. "Torns" pierced his body? Did you mean thorns? Also, "Screamed" and "kneel" are in the same line, but there is no unifying tense. I think it should be either "screamed" and "knelt" or "kneeled", or "screams" and "kneels." Just wanted to put it out there. Still wonderful. I could actually picture that "...road filled with suffering bodies... Like the one he read on Dante's Inferno...", as I am currently reading Dante's Inferno, as well as playing the game for a second time. With that in mind, the setting of Dante's Inferno, this poem became even better because the way I saw it in my head was perfectly described in your words. I absolutely loved it. Beautifully dark. Keep it up!

Posted 11 Years Ago


this is wonderfully dark. I love the lines: Trying to escape... From the sins etched in his veins. I really like the thought that was put into this poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love this whole poem with the grand dark details. The ending is fitting for a poem like this.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

381 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 29, 2012
Last Updated on May 30, 2012

Author

Dark Poetry
Dark Poetry

I'm from a hidden place, where a paradise lies in front of me and with me is a special friend. . ., Hidden from all people who can't understand art, Philippines



About
I freaking love animes, genre's of slice of life, drama romance, comedy and horror. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..