Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Maggie waz here =p

I ran as fast as I could. I could see the top of the Library already. I passed my grandmother’s grave. I felt a tear coming. I pushed it away before it could reach my cheekbone. I didn’t exactly feel sad. I guess it was my hormones acting up. It’s annoying sometimes. I reached the front of the Library. Ugh, my face was so sweaty. I looked like I just came from basketball practice. I wiped my face with my shirt. And put my hair up in a ponytail. That looked better. I felt a little lump in my pocket. I dug out the little lump and saw that it was a perfume bottle. Wow, one inch. Why the heck was that in my pocket? It didn’t matter. Thank gosh it was there. I sprayed what was left in there all over my body. Well, that was helpful too. I thought to myself, You don’t have to look or smell good to be with your best friend. My scary conscience was right. I didn’t have to look good to be with William. I went inside. First thing I noticed was the delicious aroma of chocolate.

I saw William sitting in the kids section in the little sail boat. He was reading The Holy Grail. That’s the book I’m reading. It’s my favorite book so far. I walked to him and sat in the sailboat.

“What chapter are you on?”

“Uumm... 28.”

“Cool. Hey! That’s the chapter when they find the first scroll of –“

“They family tree,” We both said at the same time. A little girl looked at us in that way where they think you’re crazy. We both laughed.

“Are you okay, Lexie?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. But, how did you know? Sure you’re in the same class as me, but you didn’t read the notes. Did you?”

The Librarian came over and shushed me. The little girl looked at me again and put her finger over her mouth. I had a feeling that she was the librarian’s daughter.

“Facial expressions can show a lot, Lexie.” William said in hushed tone.

“Oh.”

We talked a while. About why I broke broke up with Chad. And some other random things. Like basketball and swimming. The Librarian shushed us about 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 times. It didn’t really matter anyway since everyone was crammed to the other side of the library to get away from the noise that we were causing. We also talked about the Librarian. We talked about how she has no since in style at all and that giant mole on her forehead. And about her acne problem. She is 30 years old, and needs to start wearing make – up. And at last, we talked about the Pizzeria down the road. They have the best pizza known to man.

“Speaking pizza, you wanna get some, Will?”

“Sure, sound like fun.”

We walked down the road to the pizzeria, P.P. Pizza. It stands for Paul’s Poppin’ Pizza. Cool, right? We got to the Pizzeria after a good 5 minutes of walking and talking. William opened the door for me, I walked in, said thanks, and went to the front counter.

“Hey, Lexie. What would you like today?” Paul said in his always - friendly voice. It didn’t look like they were too busy today. I didn’t see any pizza sauce splatters on his apron that can never be tied around his waist.  Paul knows everyone. He knows every name. He’ll meet you, and never forget you. He can’t ever forget me. I come here all the time. No one can just come here, eat a pizza, leave, and never come back. Paul’s pizza is legendary. You have to eat it more than once.

“We’ll take a spicy pepperoni and two cokes.” We discussed what we were ordering on the way here.

“You got it Lexie.”

We chose a spot to sit in a corner near the ice cream bar. We sat and talked for a little bit. I was getting bord. I could tell he was too. I decided to start a game.

“I spy, with my little eye, --“

“Haha!”

“Something red.”

“Umm… Which side?”

I looked around at what I was spying at. It was Paul’s hat. Which would be in the middle.

“In the middle.”

“The clipboard.”

“No. You’re warm – ish.”

“The poster on the ceiling?”

“Congats my friend, you are now not even close.”

He smiled, I smiled back. Well, this is fun.

“Something red, huh? The pizza box, next to Paul.”

“HOT! HOT!”

“Ummm!”

“Hurry!”

“Umm…. Paul’s hat!?!”

“Yes!”

We laughed. Everyone was looking at us. We laughed even harder at the fact that we look like complete idiots. At least it was only like ten people who think we’re weird.

“Spicy pepperoni, two cokes!” Paul yelled from across the room.

I got up to get the food but, he told me to sit down and that he would get it. I looked as a costumer walked in. That costumer was Chad.



© 2009 Maggie waz here =p


Author's Note

Maggie waz here =p
Please tell me what you think. If you don't like it, please tell me. I would take any advice.
Thanks! =)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i loved it. and concedering i already read these parts i still loved it the 2cnd time!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 22, 2009


Author

Maggie waz here =p
Maggie waz here =p

you're a garcogogal if you need to know. TEE- HEE!, LA



About
I like sports, playing sports, music, playing music, and pizza. I'm 11 and female. Live in Louisiana. Love to write. And I'm awesome. I like to make friends, and will always be your friend. PEAC.. more..

Writing