Through the Dark

Through the Dark

A Poem by Lightfalls
"

I miss you!

"

 

 

 

Like a ship in the night,

you traveled through the mist, through the dark

….somehow drifting into my world.

 

My island, isolated at the edge of the world, somehow became a paradise of happiness.

My beacon of light shone so brightly, only for you, as though you were all there was.

 

Dancing with you, held so close, my heart was never so free. Drifting to sleep, every night was a dream, my head on your chest, close enough to feel your thoughts as mine.

 

 

 

Then somehow you were gone. Fading from my world, as the winter storms rolled in.

 

 

Tears are made of a love longed for, and crying is my soul poured out to you.

A salty ocean surrounds me, I look to the horizon and wish for you…always you.

This ache in my heart for you is as wide as the space between us.

Sadness will only leave, when you return.

 

Wherever you are, you’re in my thoughts.

Though you are far way, you’re close to my heart.

 

 

Stars always align.

Patterns of the sky are perfect beauty.

The distant sea looks calm from here.

Everything is perfect from far away.

 

 


Everything is perfect at a distance, true...

 

but my world is most beautiful when you are close.

 

 

 

 

Under the spell of midnight the stars shine brightest.

 

I hope that through the dark you find your way back to me.

 

 

 

 

 

© 2010 Lightfalls


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ur way to expressing situations r truly extraordinary!
D use of metaphor.. Everythin. Its like 1 can easily lose onself in those vivid visions. I'm in love wid ur works must say. =)

Posted 13 Years Ago


=') truly beautiful, and filled with so much meaning and love. I admire your writing :). I could read that again and again!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Stars always align.
Patterns of the sky are perfect beauty.
The distant sea looks calm from here.
Everything is perfect from far away.

Your words are simply astounding... truly magnificent in it's expression of longing and desire.

Posted 14 Years Ago


this has a wistful feel to it. Such longing...such heartache. You've captured emotion well here. 100 daisies for content...if I can make just a small suggestion though? the visual presentation matters much like the words...you may get more out of it if you format it like a poem of prose...



Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 28, 2009
Last Updated on February 23, 2010

Author

Lightfalls
Lightfalls

Edge of the World, AK



About
I'm not about being tied down and limited with words. Words are just a shadow of life anyways, and only used because they simplify things. Sometimes there are things far, far beyond words, that you .. more..

Writing
Writing Writing

A Poem by Lightfalls