Meant to be Real

Meant to be Real

A Poem by Lightfalls

Oh love, how beautiful you are.

How I feel you, so real tonight. As I lie here all alone,
alone except for thoughts of you.


Sometimes my heart doesn’t feel you. Far away and distant, you seem to be. But it isn’t that you have left, it’s just my mind. Scattered thoughts again. Recklessly crowding my soul. These thoughts are real. These thoughts are fear, and when I embrace fears, I cling to them desperately, for my mind needs something to hold on to. Soon there is no room left.

Tell me why we can’t escape. There is no prison so real as slavery to false expectations.
There is nothing so crippling as chasing feelings, being ruled by things that change as the wind.

There is nothing so tragic as a life wasted.


Did we forget something along the way? A piece of you I carried with me in my heart, but it was more then this that I wanted…I wanted, needed, you.


To be this way. Who we are. When we run through fields, and hold each other close. When we touch the sky and sea, and find hidden lands far away, when springtime never ends, ever, as long as we are there, and expectations don’t exist, and neither do I. Neither do you. It’s just us…and our dreams, with God, because with Him, we become something else entirely. Something more then just ourselves. Those are the times when any fear can fade away because it doesn’t seem to matter anymore.


Only please, do not turn our fascination into duty.


May our hope never be based on false expectations.


And may our love never be reduced to mere feelings.


Oh love, how real you are. How painfully beautiful and breathlessly real.

© 2010 Lightfalls


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
. a brilliant piece of writing ... extremely thought - provoking and moving ...


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 10, 2010
Last Updated on November 10, 2010

Author

Lightfalls
Lightfalls

Edge of the World, AK



About
I'm not about being tied down and limited with words. Words are just a shadow of life anyways, and only used because they simplify things. Sometimes there are things far, far beyond words, that you .. more..

Writing
Writing Writing

A Poem by Lightfalls