A Memory

A Memory

A Story by Annie Hobbins
"

True story about meeting my boyfriend for the first time.

"

It was November; Autumn had just begun. The leaves had already transformed into wonderful shades of amber, scarlet and bronze, many had already surrendered and fallen to the ground. Pale sunlight filtered through the remaining leaves, who clung tightly to their branches, and illuminated the puddles which littered the floor. As I reached the crossroad it dawned on me. I was going to finally to see them. The person I wanted to be with. The person I had loved deeply since the day I met. The person I knew I would love forever.


As I slowly and cautiously approached the designated meeting point, a dark wave rushed over me pulling me underneath the world. Suddenly I felt anxious, sad and my heart started beating faster than I ever thought was possible. I had finally realized. This person I was meeting, wasn’t just any person, this person meant everything to me. Their content smile made my face adorn a similar goofy smile, their eyes were a deep, rich chocolate colour, which shone brightly with friendly affection and their voice, oh man, their voice was like sitting on a beach listening to the quiet humming of the sea, whilst a calm gentle breeze grazes against your body, sipping a beautiful cocktail and reading your favourite book. It was pure bliss.


I began to pace anxiously back and forth. My mind turning into a battleground of intrusive thoughts each with an overlying meaning. Go home. I carefully pulled out my phone and began recording my voice. My thoughts began to spill out, unorderly, harsh and nowhere near a point of making sense. Before I knew it they were looking at me, with a slight smile. Patiently waiting for me to finish ‘my phone call’. I signed off my recording with a simple goodbye and allowed my eyes to fixate on the person in front of me. It seemed as though for a moment, time stopped and all that dared to make a single move was myself and the person I’d been staring at for a considerable amount of time. There was some greeting. Then we started walking down grey paths that almost lit up when we stepped on them. The world seemed to smile down at us. However, this show was not for me; it was for him.


The sun began to fade away, leaving a bitterly cold breeze and us sitting on a bench in a dimly lit, desolate park. In my mind it did not matter in any way where we were, all that mattered is that he was there. Somehow our legs had become tangled together and his arm found its way around my shoulders pulling me closely. But all good things must come to an end, and before I knew it our time was up. The hourglass of our time together was on its last few grains of sand. As I pulled him in for a hug it dawned on me, much like a cloud of darkness. This was it. This was all I’d ever wanted.

© 2017 Annie Hobbins


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love to read the stories of other couples. If you wish I too have a story of me and my girl called Constellations Wrote our Names, it might interest you, I added some fictional stuff, like cupids arrows but the rest is non fiction

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 1, 2017
Last Updated on February 1, 2017
Tags: love

Author

Annie Hobbins
Annie Hobbins

London, United Kingdom



About
I like cats more..