Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

A Chapter by LilMissWriter17
"

Paranoid and edgy, Florence knows that someone is waiting for her, and she knows exactly who it is.

"
Chapter Eleven; 

As I arrived back downstairs, my mind was rather dreamy, and I felt like I was miles away. How the hell did my phone get there in five minutes? I swear it wasn’t there before! Who the hell moved it! These questions, these presumptions rolled and swirled through my mind, and I kept telling them to Shut up! but then all these other thoughts were saying, what if its true! What if there is some murderous man in your wardrobe!
And then it hit me, and all the positive thoughts drained out of me, and all the absolutely horrified thoughts moved themselves in.

Michael.

‘Florence? Are you okay?’ Mum stared at me worriedly. I was standing in the hall, frozen like a ice sculpture. 
‘Richard! Get out here!’ Mum quickly called Dad, who rushed out of the kitchen when he heard Mum’s voice. ‘Flo? You alright? Sweetheart…’ Dad grabbed my shoulders, ‘Sweetheart, are you okay?’ I didn’t reply, I couldn’t speak. I’m going to die, I’m going to die, I’m going to die.
‘You’re ice cold Florence!’ Dad touched my face, flinching away after only a second. ‘Quick, we need to sit her down.’
Mum and Dad slowly moved me into the living room, and plonked me down in a chair. ‘Flo? Sweetheart…’
‘I’m fine…’ I breathed, ‘I’m fine.’ But my eyes were still unmoved.
‘Sweetie, we can see that you’re obviously not fine.’ Dad knelt down in front me, trying to get my eyes to look at his.
‘I just feel a little sick…’ I looked away, ‘Sick, and dizzy…’ Then all of a sudden, I actually did feel a little sick, ‘Oh god!’ I panicked, running upstairs and was sick in the toilet.
I did not see that coming.
‘Oh Florence!’ Mum and Dad followed me hurriedly up the stairs, knocking on the bathroom door, I even heard Leo’s voice.
‘Is Flo okay?’ He asked.
‘She’s a little sick darling, it’s okay. Go back to your room.’ 
‘Florence, can I come in?’ Dad asked.
‘Yeah.’ I murmured, just before I puked up my guts again. Dad gently opened the door, and knelt down myself me, holding up my hair. I could feel his eyes on me, worried and concerned. To be honest, I was worried too. I didn’t even feel sick until I actually said it.
‘Its okay Richard, its probably just the baby…’ 
And then suddenly, that side of the sickness kicked in and I kept being sick over and over. I was terrified that it wasn’t going to stop, I hated the feeling of being sick.
Bet everyone does.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After an hour or so, the sickness finally stopped. Mum and Dad had sent me to bed, and decided that the ‘going out for dinner’ thing was best left until I felt fully better. I didn’t want to ruin their night, but I knew I wouldn’t be able to cope with Wayne and Eve tonight. I didn’t even feel completely and totally safe in my own bedroom, how crazy is that?

I slept the rest of the afternoon and night, waking up in the early hours of the next morning. When I got out of bed, the house was silent. Everyone had gone to work and school, and I, again, was completely alone.

I slowly sat upright, then started to stand up, stretching and yawning. I grabbed my dressing gown just as I felt a chill slide down my back, it was November now so obviously it would be colder. I wrapped the dressing gown around me, but even so, I was still cold. I shivered, and then momentarily noticed something out of the corner of my eye. The window is open? I thought, ‘How the hell?’ I whispered under my breath. I quickly pulled it shut with a struggle, and closed the curtains. Then as I span around, I jumped out of my skin, my heart started to race like a front wheel on a bike, going faster and faster and faster….

‘What the hell are you doing here?’ I whispered, my voice hoarse and crackly.
I stared at the figure in front of me, the darkness surrounding us, not knowing what to think or what to do. I felt as cold as ice, I was completely and utterly terrified. I automatically pressed my hand onto my stomach, I love you little baby…I love you. Remember that.

‘I would say sorry that I scared you….but I have rather more important things to talk to you about Florence…’ His voice was downright evil, scratchy and deep. ‘I don’t want to hurt you Florence…’ He said, slowly approaching me. I tried so hard to keep my breathing calm, but I was pressed up against my windowsill, I was a prisoner now…I couldn’t escape.

‘Michael, what are you doing here?’ I finally grabbed my confidence and pushed it into my voice. ‘I know that I’m involved with this whole situation now, but why do you have to creep around and scare the hell out of me in my own home!’

Okay, so that’s not exactly what I said. I mean, who would? He’s a creepy guy with a creepy voice who would probably kill me right there, right now. So instead, I tightened it  up a little. ‘What do you want from me Michael?’ I asked him, my voice quiet and noticeably vulnerable.

Michael’s eyebrows furrowed, his whole expression was a complete frown. If he was somehow disgusted or annoyed with me, I certainly had no idea why.
‘Michael?’ My voice grew louder, the tone had tightened. ‘I asked you a question.’
‘I don’t know what I want from you Florence….I don’t want anything from you. Not really! I’m not a horrible person you know? I’m really not!’ He suddenly rambled into a whole other subject, but thankfully with my own sense, I wasn’t believing any of it.

How can you say you’re not a horrible person? I stared at him in horror, You killed Sarah’s mother, you killed your daughters GRANDMOTHER! Does that not mean anything to you? I took another look at him, and the answer that came to me was a simple and disgusted, No. 

 I wanted to shout at him, I wanted to tell him how he made me feel. How he made me feel sick! But that wasn’t my job, I didn’t even know him. I didn’t know anything about him, except that his name is Michael and he killed his own mother in law. 
I would think that it was enough to have such an disgusted opinion on him…

But still, it wasn’t my job. I needed Sarah here and I needed to help her to explain to Michael how he made her felt, and how he makes her feel. He probably thinks he can just get away with, and nothing will happen. But I knew that Sarah deserved better, and that this man, standing in my bedroom at this present moment, should be locked up and the key to his cell should be thrown away.

While all these thoughts were passing through my head, with absolutely determination of force, Michael paced my bedroom. His slid his hands through his hair, he placed his hand on his chin, then wiped the glowing sweat off his face. A few moments of silence passed before he’d slammed his hands down on my office table with such power that my laptop jumped into the air for just a spilt second. 

Somehow I felt his guilt, you could totally see that he felt guilty for all he’d done. But it wasn’t enough to forgive him, oh no. He would never be forgiven if it was all up to me, but hey it wasn’t, it just so happens that the guy was standing in my bedroom….the bedroom of a pregnant sixteen year old.

‘Michael if you’re just going to pace my room and try to break my furniture then I suggest you just go.’ I told him, ‘I have nothing to say to you anyway. You absolutely disgust me…’ The words had trouble slipping out of my trembling lips, but somehow I’d pushed them through, my heart began to pump furiously again, and I knew that I might just regret those few last spoken words.

‘I disgust you?’ He retorted, his tone enriched with wickedness, but also a little sarcastic. ’How could I disgust you? You don’t even know me.’
‘Which is why I’m asking you to leave Michael. This is nothing to do with me! I know I’m friends with Sarah but really? You think doing this to me is going to get to her?’

Michael glared at me, his eyes glistening in the darkness, he looked like he was about to laugh in my face. ’I don’t think young child, I know.’ He said, with an unmistakeable serious tone, then walked away again and retreated back to pacing.

I was getting just a little pissed off watching Michael pace my room, I mean what the hell was he stressing about? I don’t think anyone could be more stressed than me! I’m four months pregnant and I’ve got a murderous creep in my bedroom!
‘Michael, what are you thinking? What do you want?’
He didn’t answer. Not even a flinch, or a glare, he just carried on pacing. I suddenly thought of Sarah in hospital, all battered and bruised. ‘Was you the one that put Sarah in hospital? Did you hurt her?’ 
‘That’s none of your business…’
‘Yes it is Michael. Yes it is, because Sarah is my friend, she confided in me and so now, I am involved.’
‘But that doesn’t give you the right-’
‘Yes it does Michael! Yes it bloody well does!’ I slowly approached him, ‘Look, Sarah is my friend, and I don’t want anything else to hurt her, she’s been through too much already.’
‘She’s been through too much? What about me! What about the way she took my own daughter away from me!’
‘You killed her Mother for goodness sakes! You abused her!’
‘I didn’t mean to! I was young, I was naïve! I never wanted a baby…’

Suddenly, something that Michael had said, hit a nerve in my vulnerable body. I felt the tears pressuring on my eyes, wanting to let themselves pour. I wouldn’t cry in front of him, I wouldn’t let myself. It would only make me appear weaker….and him more powerful. I really didn’t want Wayne to end up like Michael, just the thought of it, made my heart flinch with horror. Even though we’re doing well now, what about later? What if Wayne started to abuse me? What would I do?

Distracted by my own thoughts, I walked away from Michael again, standing by the window. As I stood, watching him again, loads more questions had formed in my mind, and they were eagerly reproducing and waiting for me to ask them.
‘Where’s Steph?’ I asked. This was definitely one of the most wanted questions I’d had in ages, I didn’t even know if she was okay, let alone Sarah.
‘Again, that’s none of your business.’
‘Michael, just answer the question please? Is she safe? Is she with Lewis or Sarah or who?’ 
Michael silently turned to face me, his expression unmoved. He looked absolutely distraught, and angry, I just didn’t know what the hell was going through that head. 
‘You know what Steph said to me when she saw me?’ He suddenly eliminated my question, and replaced it with his own, rhetorical, question.
I stayed silent, because even if I was to answer, I had no idea what I would say.
‘She said…..she said…’ He was somehow struggling to get his words out, ‘She said…’
‘She said…?’ 
‘ She said ‘I hate you Dad! You’re a mean, self-centred person, and I wish that in fact, you were dead! Because you shouldn’t even be in this world, you’re evil’…and then she hit me over and over, and she sobbed….and then she just walked a-awa-ay…’ 
I couldn’t believe my ears, when I heard the sound of a grown man crying, he was literally crying. I was starting to think that he was a little loopy.
 
‘Well, that’s your fault.’ I told him, ‘You put this all on yourself! You don’t deserve Sarah or your daughter Stephenie, because she’s right, you are evil!’ 

I turned around, ashamed to even see his face, and then a prickle of tears began to fall down my cheeks. I wasn’t expecting what happened next to happen, but as I was standing with my back to Michael, I felt his presence behind me but wasn’t quick enough to react. As he grabbed me by the waist and hurled me over his shoulder, I screamed so loudly that in ten seconds, my voice began to fizzle out.

I screamed and screamed as Michael carried me down the stairs, I smacked his shoulders and even tried to bite his hands, but he wouldn’t let me go. He was too strong, too evil. I suddenly felt a pang of overwhelming worry for the baby inside me. I began to sob instead of scream, and as Michael tied up my hands and feet, and cello taped my mouth shut, I had no doubt that I was going to die tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


© 2012 LilMissWriter17


Author's Note

LilMissWriter17
Unedited :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

fantastiiiiccccccc

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

catchy and gripping. good write. keep on writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

shoot ! wow keep pn writing ! what the heck is goign to hppen to her poor baby evil michael and awesome that it is unedited !:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

381 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 14, 2012
Last Updated on February 14, 2012


Author

LilMissWriter17
LilMissWriter17

United Kingdom



About
Hi! I'm Jess, i'm 19 :) I love reading, writing and drawing :) My dream is to be a published writer, I love writing, it is my passion and I'll never give it up! :) My favourite authors include JK Rowl.. more..

Writing