Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

A Chapter by LilMissWriter17
"

Wayne's point of view; Wayne receives a visit from the police, they interview him and ask him about his relationship with Florence, Wayne then begins to realize something vital...will he cope?

"
Chapter fifteen: 

Wayne

I was in the shower when they called. The dripping water over wrote the sound of their voices, but I knew it was them, just from the simple ’formal’ tone. As soon as Mum had let them in, I jumped out of the shower and got dressed, still dripping wet.

I didn’t even bother drying my hair, I was too apprehensive to do anything else but go down and listen to what they had to say. My heart thumped quicker and quicker as I bumped down the stairs, my feet barely touching the steps themselves. 

‘Oh Wayne!’ Mum gushed as I arrived at the living room door. ‘The police are here, they want…um, to talk to you.’
I stared at my mother, trying to read her expression, trying to get some sort of a clue of what had happened. I had a load of different ideas swirling round in my head, but I was praying that none of them were real or true.

‘Mr Harley…’ The officer shook my hand, a tight and intense shake, ‘I think you better sit down…’ The officers expression hadn’t relaxed, this was the moment when I realised something serious had happened.
I pressed my hands together, catching the sweat that was dripping off them. I tightened them, releasing all the pain and stress that was about to be pushed onto my shoulders. 

‘I don’t want you to be alarmed…’
I laughed once without humour, what a stupid thing to say. How could I not be alarmed? ‘Just tell me what’s happened officer. I don’t want any s**t today.’
‘Wayne, enough of the language.’ Mum scolded, with her soft, sweet voice.
‘Sorry.’ I mumbled, ‘I’m just fucked off because these officers think that I won’t be alarmed if they tell me not to be alarmed…’
‘Wayne!’ Mum shrieked, ‘That’s enough. I’m sorry officer…’
‘Not to worry, I understand how you must be feeling…’
‘You haven’t even f*****g told me anything yet!’ I exclaimed, rising to feeling out of control.
‘Mr Harley…’
‘Yes officer?’ I replied, waiting for him to speak the words my ears were trying to block out.
‘Please call me Thompson.’ He said, ‘I understand you are somewhat involved with Florence Bridge?’
‘Yes, I somewhat am…’ I answered, ducking my head.
‘And, she is pregnant with your child?’
I nodded, unable to speak. ‘She’s uh…at least, four months? Five months gone?’ I whispered without control, my voice hadn’t let me go any higher.
‘I understand.’ He nodded, pausing to write something down on his notepad, ‘I’m sorry I didn’t introduce my colleague, Detective Harris.’ He gestured to the woman that sat next to him, casually writing notes and exchanges glances from me and to her colleague.
‘So, Mr Harley…’ Thompson trailed off, looking down at his notebook. ‘When was the last time you saw Miss Bridge?’

The question struck me like lightening, and it hurt, to even think about the answer. It hurt even more when I couldn’t remember. I felt my forehead deepen with lines, ‘I can’t exactly remember.’ I frowned, ‘A few weeks ago? Maybe more….or less.’
‘Okay, that’s okay Mr Harley. I know this is hard for you.’
I nodded, ‘Officer…can you tell me…what exactly has happened?’ I murmured, trying to control my stuttering.
‘We don’t exactly know ourselves. All we do know is that Florence is missing, and we need to find her.’ He said with a sympathetic smile.
‘Is there anything I can do to help?’ I asked, feeling the desperation seeping through in my voice.
‘I’m sorry, but there’s nothing you can do at this moment. We have no idea where she is, we’re just trying to pick up the pieces and put them all together. A kidnap case is nothing but a puzzle.’
‘Kidnap? Y-You think she was kidnapped?’ My eyes widened in shock, no one had said anything about kidnap before.
‘Why else would she have disappeared?’
I shrugged, because I didn’t know. ‘I don’t know.’
‘Kidnap is all we have. Her parents comments suggest that she wouldn’t have committed suicide-’
‘STOP!’ I held up my hands, standing up from the sofa. I felt my whole body beginning to shake, my breathing was heavy and my heart was racing. I couldn’t deal with this, I thought I would be able to. But I couldn’t.
‘I c-can’t…’ I mumbled, ‘I-I..’
‘Wayne, it’s okay.’ Mum was by my side in a spilt second, she pulled me towards her. ‘It’s okay sweetheart, they’ll find her…’ She said, her warm tears spilling onto my shirt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


© 2012 LilMissWriter17


Author's Note

LilMissWriter17
Short chapter!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I haven't read.the.begiing of the.story so i don't know the.story until now, but... Very good! I enjoyed Wayne's sarcasm towards the.officers... that made me chuckle a bit.

I really need to read chapter one, which i will when i get back from Japan. Great work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


nice chapter i read it all but im still shocked about what is happeneing now !0.0!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

337 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 21, 2012
Last Updated on May 21, 2012
Tags: kidnap, love, relationship, worry, anger, teenagers


Author

LilMissWriter17
LilMissWriter17

United Kingdom



About
Hi! I'm Jess, i'm 19 :) I love reading, writing and drawing :) My dream is to be a published writer, I love writing, it is my passion and I'll never give it up! :) My favourite authors include JK Rowl.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..