Love

Love

A Story by Eggplant
"

This story is about my take on what love is, based on what I have been through.

"
Love
By Lilya211

Life can be hard sometimes. Family can disappear, friends may leave. Sometimes, it may be too hard to handle. Something you should know. There are people out there that care for you. They want to make sure that you are happy. They only want the best for you. Those are the people that you need. The ones who love you. 
They say that you will meet your soulmate at least once in life. I don't believe in a soulmate. Yes, I do believe that there is always one person out there that would love you with all their heart, but who says that you are connected? Just because you love someone, and they are the one for you, that doesn't mean that they love you back. It doesn't mean that they ever will. That is a saddening thought, to think that the person you love most may never love you. But it is true. Love is a very complicated thing that we cannot control, that no one can control. You can't help when you fall in love with someone. Returning to the subject of soulmates, the official definition of a soulmate is a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner. People say that being soulmates mean you love one another with all your hearts. But just because people are perfect for each other doesn't mean that they love one another. In my opinion, that is not how love works. That love has to be gained. Yes, love will appear when you least expect it, but your feelings slowly develop over time, they grow stronger as you gain more of a connection to that person. 
Love can develop in many different ways. There are a few ways that I see happen in the world around me. The first is by becoming friends, the best of friends. You don't truly love someone unless you are friends. Love cannot be present if there is no friendly connection between the people. For example, if you have a best friend or two, you probably love them. I know I do. They mean the world to me, and I would do anything for them. I don't feel that way about some of my friends that I am not that good of friends with. Does that make sense, do you see what I am getting at? Love can be developed by being the best of friends. Another way that love can develop Is by doing things for each other. if you care about someone, and they care about you, you are always there for each other. You help one another. When someone cares about you and wants you to be happy, and is willing to help to make you happy, that is when love can develop. Love may not develop is that connection is one way. what I am saying is that love may not be present, or love may not develop if one person is doing everything for the other, and they aren't doing anything back. that is not love. That is a situation where someone is being used. In my opinion, there can be no love. I think this way because I have been through it, and let me tell you, it is not love, because the other person doesn't care. They just use you to feel better about themselves, knowing that they can use you whenever they want. That is not love. 
I feel that love comes in many different forms. May it be your family, friends, or a partner, that is all where love comes from. It comes from the people who matter most. But the question is, is love just all what you feel for another person? Or is it more than that? I think so. Love is a passion. if your lifelong dream is to become a musician, that means that music is your passion. if you feel that deeply about it, then you know that you love it. You can be passionate about many different things. it could be books, school, music, sports, whatever you very much enjoy doing, and wouldn't rather be doing anything else. Something that you love to do.
If you love something, or someone, you have to make it known. 
If you don't make your love known to others than it isn't really love. When you love something, you share it with the world. When you love someone, they may never love you back unless you tell them. Love is tricky, so it is easiest to let out your love of something or someone to the world. When others know what you love, maybe they love it too. Common interests can form a bond between people, and maybe eventually love. If you tell someone you love them, then maybe they love you back. They will never know unless you tell them.
Thank you. That was my opinion on love. If you have anything you would like me to add that you believe, let me know in the review section. Thank you so much for reading about my taake on love. Have a nice day. 
-Lilya211 

© 2018 Eggplant


Author's Note

Eggplant
Hello! This is my take on what love is. it may not be what you believe, but it is what I believe, and what I see in my life. Thank you so much for reading my story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Love can also be the most destructive of emotions - love of money, love of country, love of power, love of god etc. - all very dangerous and negative. Hate can be positive - hatred of cruelty, injustice, poverty etc. Although unavoidable the emotions should be treated with suspicion and if possible be subordinated to the intellect. I think your text would benefit from being larger and not in italics.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Eggplant

5 Years Ago

Okay. Thank you so much! I will be sure to add how love is not always pleasant. I did not hink of th.. read more



Reviews

Love can also be the most destructive of emotions - love of money, love of country, love of power, love of god etc. - all very dangerous and negative. Hate can be positive - hatred of cruelty, injustice, poverty etc. Although unavoidable the emotions should be treated with suspicion and if possible be subordinated to the intellect. I think your text would benefit from being larger and not in italics.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Eggplant

5 Years Ago

Okay. Thank you so much! I will be sure to add how love is not always pleasant. I did not hink of th.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Added on October 24, 2018
Last Updated on October 24, 2018