Style

Style

A Poem by Riv

My words most spoken are darker than yours.
Poetry bleeding on an outright scale.
Rarely joy, and mostly fear it is.
I find most of the muse within the confines of the unknown.
Where my stories go, to a brighter side.
Yet the darker is always comfort.
Where joy and happiness will fail.
I'll capture within a bleeding heart.

© 2015 Riv


Author's Note

Riv
A poem about my poems xD how I always seem to be better at writing them when I'm in a bad mood rather than when I'm in a good mood.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
dan
Surrounded by darkness can often be the most fertile grounds for unearthing good writings and ideas. Some of my best have been written while wrapped in the dark but they don't often produce the joy when finished that my lighter ones do. Do you find yourself experiencing that? take care...dan

Posted 8 Years Ago


Darker work does give you a different view as to where you sit to write each day. I usually find the darker to be closer to my writing and I have to push to be outside of it. Nicely done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I love the introspection. To write about hour writing - has that 'wheels within wheels' feel about it. Says a lot about you Riv. Nice work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Many poets choose to write about dark feelings because they find that it is a catharsis and an actual release of repressed emotions in doing so.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Yes! I've always found it easier and more passionate to write about the darker things in life. Sure I've written some happy stuff, but they don't even compare to my darker work. I originally started writing poems because I was having hard times in life, so it's when I'm upset that I like to write the most. Such true words you speak.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I am right there with you my friend... writing for me is kind of like the news... most people don't want to read how happy and great things are... people want to see all the messed up stuff in the world. Sometimes the things we notice and are most passionate about are the s****y things in life. I know I like my writing better when I am hurt, angry and just fired up about something :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


I really like the mystery and the line spacing in this particular poem. I especially like that you state your muse is in the "unknown" where as a general percentage of the population is very much afraid of it. Lovely and creepy and beautiful.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Dark or light. Good words are needed. Each of us see the world with different eyes. Writers need to bleed and live. Need materials for their poetry and tale. Thank you dear friend for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 26, 2015
Last Updated on October 26, 2015

Author

Riv
Riv

Apple Valley, CA



About
Alright, let's do this. My name is Riv or Abby. Either one works. I'm eighteen years old and really love writing poetry on my spare time. While I do write novels and wish to publish one or a few one d.. more..

Writing
Crystals Crystals

A Poem by Riv


Cage Cage

A Poem by Riv


Waiting Waiting

A Poem by Riv



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


SKY ROARING SKY ROARING

A Poem by Latifa