FORGOTTEN HEROES

FORGOTTEN HEROES

A Poem by LinBin
"

A POEM ABOUT THE FORGOTTEN HEROES OF WORLD WAR 1

"


Winston Churchill Millington was born in Barbados in the year of 1893, Just one of the many Caribbean’s who fought for a world that was fit to be.


Khudadad Khan was born in the Punjab in 1887; a soldier in the 1ST World War, He served on the front line gallantly; as many others like him had done before.


Two men unrelated, except for their impact in a bloody fought world war, Two forgotten heroes who, when gave all they could, went on to give some more.


Over 15000 men from the British West Indies fought in the war and served side by side; Joined by over a million Men from India who fought for our survival but sadly many died.


Men from Trinidad, Tobago, St Lucia, Nigeria, Kenya, Pakistan and many more; Men who stood courageous and fought for our freedom in the First World War.


So many Courageous and fearless soldiers; yet rarely highlighted in any history book; Brave Men of colour and of courage; who deserve a second look…..

 

© 2014 LinBin


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love it, great facts you have brought to life! It is good to share their side of the story!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love... not like, but LOVE your historical writes, you are an inspiration to us out here who do the same on occasion. you weave the tale very well!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

we owe a lot to people like your grandfather..who died doing what few of us would have the courage to do.....thanks for your review

Posted 12 Years Ago


I can kind of relate to this, because my grandfather not only served in the WWI but Vietnam, Korean, and WWII before the Agent Orange in Vietnam eventually killed him. Great write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 4, 2011
Last Updated on May 17, 2014

Author

LinBin
LinBin

London, United Kingdom



About
Short Updated Bio: The Data you might want to know: ME: Female; 40's; vegatarian; Buddhist; happily entwined with beautiful partner; gorgeous dog; adorable cat and a house full of ghosts. I lo.. more..

Writing
TODAY TODAY

A Poem by LinBin


Rest In Peace Rest In Peace

A Poem by LinBin