Get Hurt

Get Hurt

A Poem by Avoiry
"

Inspired by a gaslight anthem song

"
The smoke whispers in the bar and curls it's fingers in invitation to the men across the way. 
She's sat in her spot, the drinks filling without order..she came here to get hurt.
They stand in waiting with their careful calculations of how they will take her home, but the thing that they don't know...is that she would go anyway.
They ask her to play...wager a kiss...a pound of flesh for a well mounted dart or a hole in one. She will always tell them to do their worst...because she came here to get hurt.
The woman's fading at the seams but she came here to be torn apart...and to be rid of me...

She brought us here to get hurt...
She knows it will be the worst you see 
And she pretends to grow a little cooler and just focuses on the whiskey.
They ask her for sweet moments and darling smiles and the bets only grow steeper as she slips off the edge of the stool.
She'll do her worst to me...

I'm trembling on heels 
And I'm following blurred faces as she loves them blind.
They will take it out on me
because they came here to forget hurt...and do their worst to me 

But only in her name...

© 2017 Avoiry


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Left a view of "hell" behind my eyes... the numbness that we TRY so hard to FEEL through and when we do ...feel... the shadow of numbness returning is soooo hard to even bare... (and I did NOT misspell bare).

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Added on February 3, 2017
Last Updated on February 7, 2017

Author

Avoiry
Avoiry

taipei, TX



About
The Facts My name is Avoiry. I like to do a lot of things but we don't need to get into that. I'm a closet cynic , a pro pretender, a verbal arms dealer, and a false eye lash applicator in training. .. more..

Writing
baloooooonnn baloooooonnn

A Poem by Avoiry


The red room The red room

A Poem by Avoiry