Despair Sketch for New Book

Despair Sketch for New Book

A Story by XxLiongirltechiexX

They’ve forgotten me.

They must have.

Otherwise they would be here.

The air smells like dust and struggle.  Camp is nonexistent, the clearing overlooking the mountain’s descent empty. Remnants of a deer lie off to one side, its shriveled skin on a rock. I remember rain on the night of the attack. Looks like someone’s leather was ruined.  Of the debris from the campfire, only the charred logs remain. But those are the only signs of inhabitance. All footprints, all signs of humanity are gone, swept away by the wind. How could they have up and left so fast, so completely? Weren’t they worried about me? Didn’t they come looking? Didn’t they care I’d disappeared?

Maybe not.

Maybe they were too wrapped up with her to really care.  I picture her, the mind reader in black. She’s a favorite, and I hurt her. They must hate me now.  Or maybe they really didn’t care about me in the first place. Wouldn’t be surprising. My friends, or rather, ‘friends,’ are the real heroes. They’re the real reason we’ve survived. What's an illusionist healer to a telepath and a prophet? Nothing, when the ‘healer’ part of her can’t do much before she wants to pass out. Nothing, when there are three others in the group who can do her job better than she can. Nothing, when everyone else can fight but her. There were fourteen of us when we counted last. One of them was dead weight.

And that’s why they left me behind.

My entire body is shaking. The pain inside me that could be abated before takes ahold of me again, and there’s no one around who can help…

No one around who cares. I fall to my knees in the dirt. How could I expect any less?

© 2012 XxLiongirltechiexX


Author's Note

XxLiongirltechiexX
Just a sketch. I wanted to write something, but couldn't think of anything unrelated to something I'm working on now. So here's this. XD I don't think I was as descriptive as I could have been, but I was focusing on the emotions. What do you think of it, all around?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! This is awsome!
You've already got me hooked on this.
Please tell me if you post more up!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


XxLiongirltechiexX

11 Years Ago

Thank you! XD I won't be posting the story itself, but I might do little moments like this occasiona.. read more
Summer'sBreeze

11 Years Ago

If you ever write more of "moments" as you said, please do tell when you post them :DD
I'd en.. read more
XxLiongirltechiexX

11 Years Ago

Sure thing! And thank you. ^_^

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 25, 2012
Last Updated on July 26, 2012
Tags: tears, fantasy, despair, loss, depression, friendship, magic, power, healer, telepath, prophet

Author

XxLiongirltechiexX
XxLiongirltechiexX

About
I'm a writer (obviously), and an artist, and draw mostly in manga style. I'm also Catholic, and proud of it! :) I'm a contemporary fantasy writer with a thing for Myers-Briggs personality typing. .. more..

Writing