Reviewer's Pleasure

Reviewer's Pleasure

A Poem by LisetteCanWrite!
"

I simply love poetry and writing.. I also love reading others work and indulging in the meaning or beauty of another's artistic expressions!

"

 

Your writing radiates feelings with your paper and pen;

My heart races I find myself counting backwards from ten.

When you glow it is simply the brightest of light;

when your sad or disturbed it's the darkest of night.

*****

Words of stature and nonsense that fit so well into place;

Your rhythm and flow make my heart pound and race.

Many invigorating words filling me daily that I can see;

passion, love, hate and we simply can't forget glee.

*****

Sated piece after piece feeling all of what I could understand;

I can then take pleasure in knowing I might meet your demand.

For then I can tell you just what your work to me means;

through passionate reviews both my head and heart screens.

*****

I live and breathe writing... each and every day;

I simply love hearing what other hearts have to say.

Words flowing swiftly absorbed carefully in my mind;

Saving some of the best to favorites if it's a real find!

*****

Only because I'm a writer do I passionately care;

I'll read on for hours .. I'm not going to go anywhere.

I'm one of the reviewers who loves reading your stories;

loads of true works of art... upheld in all of their glories.

 

Hi there, I wanted to point out one fine poet found a metaphor and I want to state that it is not intended to be a female submitting to a male... it is a reviewer submitting the the greatness of some writer's work. I am a passionate reader and read everything twice and also the bio of each writer. I try to get a clear picture of what each writing or message is trying to say. I am passionate and carefully read each piece judging based on depth, feeling, the age of the writer if it is there and everything I can find is taken into account! I love reading others work and I am held captive by some writers gifts .. I have had the pleasure of reading some very fine work!  I started reviewing more after I seen someone leave very harsh criticism for a writer who was 12... I was floored as the writer even stated they had just started writing and I felt they just needed encouragement. The writer had some minor mistakes but a really sad message with emotions blazingly clear.. that touched my heart. I am more one to encourage others than slash their work harshly. I look more at content in the way of the message and if I got a clear picture or message. I feel honored and privileged to read what is for some... their lives in writing!

© 2009 LisetteCanWrite!


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really applaud you on this, great idea in the first place and i think you will reach alot of people with this. you wrote it very well, even the rhyming was spot on....i myself hate forced rhyme i think it ruins alot of pieces when you can tell it was forced in but your rhyming was far from it and its a wonderful tribute to writers, including yourself as a writer and i agree on what you say

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Lovely poem, and a awareness message. To be hacked down at 12, man that's harsh. Hard criticism can kill ones early dream. I hope the kid continued to write and not let one persons opinion stop him/her.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I am not sure which is the best part here, the poem itself or your postscript. The write makes one see how you are affected deeply my good writing.....and all that goes with it. The postscript is very nice too. I know that criticism is necessary, and even asked for. But I too bristle when someone goes too far and hurts someone all in the name of being 'helpful'.......thank you!

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

What a passionate write. It was so sweet & showed the passion you speak of.
I also enjoy reading people's thoughts & ideas & it's great to read that others feel the same.
Keep on with that mentality, aspiring writers need to bump into people like you.

Yours truly,
cloud6

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Much has been said before me and I agree with it all. Your poem is a work of art, and so are you. Thanks

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I'm glad you wrote this. Well done. Piece, accompanying explanation/viewpoint - all. =0)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Thank you for such an uplifting piece that corresponds so well to who you are to many of us here at the Cafe. We can deeply relate to your work, and it shows why you are a top reviewer! Appreciate you!

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Well said. I can certainly relate!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Wow, good job! i agree. I look foward to reading poetry every day as well! being on cafe is like a breath of fresh air. It is too bad they were hard on that poor 12 year old, how mean! i always try to be tactful the way I say things in reviews. This was a nice poem, we can all relate. thanks for sharing.

kena

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I love the honesty in this. Not many can be so non-judgemental with their critiquies as you seem to be able to do. I give huge kudos for taking the time to really get to know the author of the pieces you read. It gives you a better insight into their words. I'm glad there is someone like you out there willing to take the time to encourage others with a few heartfelt words. It's those like you that make me keep striving for that perfect piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I applaud your reviewing efforts. You take your job seriously and that is as it should be. Sometimes all a fine poet needs is a breath of encouragement. Great job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2428 Views
52 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on March 23, 2009
Last Updated on March 23, 2009

Author

LisetteCanWrite!
LisetteCanWrite!

It's Getting colder here!, Canada



About
I am a 39 year old I write on all levels.. am shy in some ways and outgoing in others.. a tomboy growing up. I am friendly but sometimes reserved in everyday life .. I do not mind criticism at all but.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Undone Undone

A Poem by TamiViolet