Exploding into Bloom

Exploding into Bloom

A Story by Amber "Victoriomantic" Hart
"

New life creates new love.

"

For the whole of my existence I have been kept floating in the dark. It is warm, and I have never been isolated. I am secure. I am fed and kept alive. I am comfortable and I am at peace.

 

When set free, I will scream and cry. Will feel the cruel cold and the heavy weight of air. Of the world’s anger and hate. No more floating free, only the earthly confines.

 

            I will bear these; I need to see the kindly face of my keeper. I long to feel the hard hands of the one who strokes the outer shell of my guardhouse, hands that endeavour to hold me, to softly stroke my face.

 

            My very existence has caused pain… exhaustion. Happiness. Wonder. Love.

 

            I no longer need your restrictions. I have to see your beautiful face, to thank you. I am freeing myself into your world instead of the world that is you.

 

I am hurtling down my passage of rites.

 

My long, strangled, healthy cry will reward you for your hard work.

 

I’m hurting you and it’s hurting me in a way I can’t tell you. I’m sorry.

 

“Congratulations. You’ve had a little baby boy.”

© 2010 Amber "Victoriomantic" Hart


Author's Note

Amber "Victoriomantic" Hart
There was a creative writing competition at college. We had to write 100-200 words on the theme of "Escape" so I decided to do something a little out of the ordinary. This submission won a very healthy joint second place, which I was very pleasantly surprised about.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I LOVE this. So often we hear the viewpoint of the mother giving birth but rarely do we hear about the baby's experience. I think it's a great take on how it must feel to them and the words you've chosen make it sounds almost like poetry. I particularly like "the kindly face of my keeper." You've done a beautiful job of saying so much in so few words.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Interesting perspective of the baby.. I like it :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Amber "Victoriomantic" Hart

11 Years Ago

Thank you! :)
i loved this, def. something i could read again and im gonna show to a couple friends who are expecting little boys.
Trying to capture the thoughts of a unborn child takes special thought and you've done it! really great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I LOVE this. So often we hear the viewpoint of the mother giving birth but rarely do we hear about the baby's experience. I think it's a great take on how it must feel to them and the words you've chosen make it sounds almost like poetry. I particularly like "the kindly face of my keeper." You've done a beautiful job of saying so much in so few words.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

404 Views
3 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 15, 2010
Last Updated on July 15, 2010

Author

Amber "Victoriomantic" Hart
Amber "Victoriomantic" Hart

United Kingdom



About
Hi everyone. My name is Amber JS Hart, and I am 20 years old. I live in England, and am studying for a psychology degree at the University of Surrey. I am also a Youth Worker for young people with mi.. more..

Writing