Emptiness

Emptiness

A Poem by Amatina

The only sound to be heard was her gentle sobbing.  Even then it was muffled by the hands she hid her face behind.    

                The entire house was silent, making her vulnerability and pain all the more prominent and there.  The cavernous echoes of the tiniest sounds through the empty house only made things worse.

                The beams of sunshine pouring through her window did nothing to expel the darkness, the inky black that marred her conscience.  If only she could forget… she drew the curtains, her eyes still brimming with salty tears of hopelessness.

                The dark room she could handle, the pain invading her heart however- was steadily becoming too much to bear.

© 2012 Amatina


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very well written! I liked your descriptions, and I couldn't help but be drawn to this piece of writing as it reminds me so much of a piece I wrote almost exactly like it about depression, haha. It seems great minds think alike :) I do agree with the previous review, though that it does leave one to wonder why this person is so distraught.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a great expression of grief.
I am left wondering why. The house is empty. Was it a breakup, abandonment, divorce or some physical/mental situation. You might consider adding a line at the end that hints at the cause.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 12, 2012
Last Updated on June 18, 2012
Tags: Tears, Loneliness

Author

Amatina
Amatina

WV



About
I've been writing on and off since I was 11, yes 11. Granted, most of the stuff from then isn't nearly as developed, but I still have it. I'm just here to share and receive feedback, which can be har.. more..

Writing
Fall Haiku Fall Haiku

A Poem by Amatina


6:37am 6:37am

A Poem by Amatina


A Sigh A Sigh

A Poem by Amatina