When i look at you.

When i look at you.

A Poem by Pixieblue
"

I have been thinking recently and having a few nightmares of the time i couldn't say goodbye to my grandmother in hospital because i was scared of the machines, haunts me everyday.

"
If i look at you today,
you will not be the same person
that i saw yesterday,
and will see tomorrow.

Your eyes will be dimmer,
your skin more sagged,
your hands will be colder,
your heart more broken.

If i don't look at you today,
what if there is no tomorrow,
what if i don't look at you today,
i will never be able to look at you again?



© 2015 Pixieblue


Author's Note

Pixieblue
This was a quick thing that i had to get out into some written form

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Encore! Encore! Loved it!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Wow, very nice ! Actually, none of us are quite the same as yesterday, and surely we'll not be tomorrow as we are today. Very nice choice of words that allowed the poem to flow very gracefully. I liked it :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Aw... this tugs at my heart stings, to choose between seeing her on her last day or trying to remember her as she once was. I understand why it's haunting.
This poem was able to chill me to my core and made me wonder what I would choose in that situation. And that I think is why this poem was so good, it made me feel an example of how you felt. A very strong poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is something I relate to well. I watch my grandmother, consumed by cancer, fade away beyond recognition and the day we laid her to rest her hair had gone from a youthful brown to silver grey and she looked nothing like the grandmother I spent so many years getting to know. While I don't regret being there right to the end, I do wonder of my memories of her image have been tainted to seeing her in such a changed state. I feel your pain in this piece and understand the fear that makes you question your choices.

Posted 8 Years Ago


It's definitely hard to let go of someone especially when you have regret. This is a beautiful write :)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

438 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2015
Last Updated on April 30, 2015
Tags: Death, look, human, lost, love, goodbye, end, time.

Author

Pixieblue
Pixieblue

kent, gravesend, United Kingdom



About
I'm Leah. Here's a few things to know about me: I'm an artist. I'm a musician. I'm a writer. I have ADHD. I'm dark at heart. I think everyone is wonderful who knows how to love and be loved/ .. more..

Writing
Life Life

A Poem by Pixieblue