Olanzapine Vs. Me

Olanzapine Vs. Me

A Poem by Blue Belle
"

An internal fight with the drug "Olanzapine" and myself.

"

Olanzapine: 1
“Let’s just eat everything!”
Me: 0
But I really don’t want to.


Olanzapine: 2
“You don’t need to weigh yourself.”
Me: 0
I want to, but I’m not motivated.


Olanzapine: 3
“You love me don’t you?”
Me: 0
I hate you and don’t want to take you anymore.


Olanzapine: 4
“You don’t need to think of those things.”
Me: 0
But maybe I want to.


Olanzapine: 5
“You don’t need to cry.”
Me: 0
Yes I do, I would rather cry, than shut down.


Olanzapine: 6
“I’m working and you know it.”
Me: 0
Maybe I don’t want you to work.


Olanzapine: 7
“Watch, since I am working you will have to keep taking me.”
Me: 1
Watch me, I won’t listen to what my psychiatrist says and stop taking you, so HA!
___________________________________________________

© 2013 Blue Belle


Author's Note

Blue Belle
Hope you enjoyed the reading. Any and all criticism is appreciated. Take Care! Stay Strong! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hello, Blue Belle. Very creative, very succinct. Direct and hard-hitting. Your words and chosen format made the drug and your experience come alive in a meaningful way. I just happen to be a psych nurse, so I find this poem particularly fascinating, given that I (used to) give this and other meds out "like candy". (I actually left the field, feeling I may have been doing more harm than good. I'm sure you'll agree that our medical system is failing people in many ways, and needs improvement, if not a complete overhaul. We can do better. And I believe one day we will. Maybe you will contribute to that with your writing and with your future career.) It it truly refreshing to read your perspective. Thank you for your bravery in sharing. Keep it up!

Posted 6 Years Ago


oh...these are chemicals...i dont know

Posted 10 Years Ago


I'm supposed to take olanzapine... i never have though... i like the format of this, how it goes back and forth between you and the drug, until you finally 'outsmart' it. nicely done hun.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lina Grey

10 Years Ago

:)
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2013
Last Updated on May 28, 2013
Tags: mental health, mental illness, mental disorder, depression, anxiety, self-harm, cutting, medicine

Author

Blue Belle
Blue Belle

Elmira, NY



About
I am twenty-nine years old. I'm dealing with a mood disorder/depression, anxiety, an eating disorder, borderline personality disorder, self-harm, and suicidal thoughts. I love writing. and most of my .. more..

Writing