Give Your Heart A Home

Give Your Heart A Home

A Story by ~*~Peace Keeper~*~

  

I have battled with depression on and off. Wondering if anyone would ever love me or care about me. I know family and friends love and care for me to a certain extent, but I always longed for someone to truly love me, to truly care. To be there for me so I can pour my heart out, tell them my burdens and my sorrows and have it all go away. To not struggle anymore, to not feel like giving up. However, the more I searched for people, the more depressed I got, because let’s face it, there is no one but Yeshua (Jesus) that can do this for us.


I am still learning and striving to give everything to Him, my sorrows and burdens, my short comings, my sins and mistakes, so that I can be renewed in Him, so that I can be a new creation. So I can walk in His light and no longer in darkness, no longer a prisoner to my evil desires. My heart doesn’t have to stay downcast anymore, I don’t have to stay in my depression and let awful thoughts overtake me, I know I still battle with hurts and disappointments along with other things, but I have Yeshua to take that burden away from me now, I have Him to comfort me, I have Him to love me.


I know that there are days that I still fall short and there is so much more that I need to learn and apply to my life. I hope and pray that He will give me strength to overcome whatever comes my way. I don’t want to keep going back and forth battling with depression and horrible thoughts, I want to surrender it all to Him, but sometimes I don’t know exactly how, that is where I need to read and pray and study the Bible more.


Anyway, I just wanted to share this beautiful song for anyone who may be struggling also with depression or anything else. It reminds me that He will never leave me or forsake me. Yeshua loves us and longs to heal us and set us free from our sins and our past, He longs to give us a future and a home with Him in His New Kingdom.


All we have to do is be willing to ask Him into our hearts and for Him to open our eyes and ears to understand His ways and be willing to allow Him to change us. I know changing may not sound pleasant and you may rather do things your way and stay the way you are, but I know personally that this only brings distress and heartache, it only brings imprisonment within ourselves and to the desires of this world.


Yeshua has so much more planned for us then this life, if we can truly grasp that, then we would be willing to change and love Him the way He wants us to because He will give us something that no money can ever buy. Eternal life with Him, the King of kings and Lord of lords.


When He returns the second and final time all these things that we have known here will pass away, all the old order of things will be gone. There will be no more death, or sorrow, no more tears, no more wars or hatred. Instead there will be complete peace and joy and love surrounding us. We will all have a home and we will all be family, no one will be left out that He calls His own, His people (those that follow and obey Him).


This is why we (believers) long for everyone to come and get to know Yeshua now, so they too can enjoy His presence and have this hope and promise to look forward to. This is the only reason why this life can be endured, putting our hope in Yeshua and knowing that this life is not what is promised to us, this life that we know now, is not the end of the story, but more of a testing and refinement process in order to enter into His Kingdom.


We may go through heartache and trials here, but we must take heart and remember that Yeshua overcame the world and the victory will be His!

© 2019 ~*~Peace Keeper~*~


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love Don Francisco- so filled with praise, joy, and deep stories told in an uplifting manner. As a believer, like you, I faced a time when I remember writing "is anybody out there?" In different journals that expressed existential loneliness and pain. I felt no one understood me or traveled to the places I went in my mind. My husband and I have faced many trials here, none of them endurable without the love of Jesus- we call him Yeshua too. Once, my husband was backpacking and took a wrong step that sent him sliding down a rocky cliff- he yelled out "Jesus", and there, a tiny bush seemed to spring up that he could grab, before he met the edge of a cliff. Your story is so reflective of what so many of us struggle with here. But you have a faithful companion now that is with you always, and more evident when you call on him for help. Thank you for your moving and beautifully written testimony. God bless you. (You might enjoy my story, "2 Miracles, 22 Years")

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Your spreading of the Gospel here is admirable. I used to have a faith that was as strong as yours.

Anyway, my heart already has a home. Wrapped up in barbed wire, and kept in a cage where no one can get to it and where it can know no pain. But I know not everyone can live like I do, looking at life through the lens of logic rather than emotion.

In fact, I tend to piss emotional people off because I refuse to be emotional in most situations. That's just me. But it's good that you have such a strong faith. Keep it, and let nothing, especially the evil one, take it from you. If you lose that, you'll end up bitter, cynical, and jaded like me. May that never happen to you as long as you live.

Posted 4 Years Ago


I love Don Francisco- so filled with praise, joy, and deep stories told in an uplifting manner. As a believer, like you, I faced a time when I remember writing "is anybody out there?" In different journals that expressed existential loneliness and pain. I felt no one understood me or traveled to the places I went in my mind. My husband and I have faced many trials here, none of them endurable without the love of Jesus- we call him Yeshua too. Once, my husband was backpacking and took a wrong step that sent him sliding down a rocky cliff- he yelled out "Jesus", and there, a tiny bush seemed to spring up that he could grab, before he met the edge of a cliff. Your story is so reflective of what so many of us struggle with here. But you have a faithful companion now that is with you always, and more evident when you call on him for help. Thank you for your moving and beautifully written testimony. God bless you. (You might enjoy my story, "2 Miracles, 22 Years")

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such a strong and hopeful story. I love the optimism in this. Keep it up!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 31, 2016
Last Updated on December 10, 2019

Author

~*~Peace Keeper~*~
~*~Peace Keeper~*~

TX



About
Hello, Peace Keeper here! I love writing, drawing/painting, and photography. If you are interested in seeing some of my artwork here is my deviantart page: http://hope-brings-peace.deviantart.com/.. more..

Writing