Way to salvation!

Way to salvation!

A Story by Lively

Mystical message

Once upon a time, there were 4 friends. On their 13th birthday, they all received lots of gifts but 1 gift was different from all. The gift was a tin-wood box having a letter inside it. There was no name of the sender on the box, the box was very old and the letter inside it was also tattered. Yet they were very eager to open it. What message did it contain?

On the mesmerizing hills of Solitaire lived 4 teenagers. They were friends and had many things in common. They shared same birthday, had magical powers, were loved by everyone in the village, lived in church and were orphan…

Spadille was a very wise child and his decisions reflected his decency. Hearty was a girl of dreams and her heart was filled with love, love for everyone. Diamond was a boy of values. And Clubs was a girl with Einstein’s mind, full of knowledge.

Finally Hearty opened the box. She read the message:

 

 

They couldn’t understand what it was and thought it was delivered to wrong place. It must be for someone Mr. Aces. Meanwhile, the father of the Church arrived and saw the letter.

Hearty: I think it is mistakenly delivered here.

Father: NO, my child it’s for you, for you all.

Hearty: Is this present from you?

Father: No, it’s from God.

I am only his post man. You are to teach this world a great lesson but before that you yourselves are to learn lots of lessons. Your journey will begin tomorrow. I will pray to get that you get your destination.

 

Father exits.

All the children are surprised. They yet couldn’t understand the situation. Each of them took it differently.

 

Diamond: What does all this mean?

Clubs: The paper seems old.

Spade: All this amazed me.

Hearty: It seems adventurous to me. May be we are to get some precious or majestic stone.

Spade: No it’s not that.

 

Throughout the night Diamond, Hearty and Clubs kept thinking about it: What type of journey? What type of lessons? What is the way to our destination?

But something else was in Spade’s mind. He was focusing on the sign only.

 

Next Morning (On the Breakfast table)

Spade: What do you think that sign did mean?

Clubs: I have read a lot of languages. I am sure it is not an alphabet.

Hearty: Its not the symbol of love, and neither the symbol of some other thing or place.

Spade: It may be a map.

Diamond: I don’t think so. If it were this, it should have 2 ends but it doesn’t even have one.

 

[Father enters the dining room and asked them to pack their bags. They had only 13 days to complete their task. It was the first day and the 53rd day is Christmas Eve.]

 

Children went to Father to bade good bye and get his beat wishes. They also pray to Jesus too.

Spade (asking God while praying): Today a new journey is starting, a journey about which we know nothing. Neither we neither know its beginning nor end. Father was the postman of the task and we are the completer. But you will remain the main doer.

Diamond: You have given us this task and now you yourself will help completing it.

Hearty: We will try our best to complete this task. Just give your blessing and love to your beloved ones.

Clubs: You are the creator of all creatures. My mind is all set to do service of its creator.

[They exits]


Meaning of message

They didn’t have any idea where to go. So they decided to go to an old cave at the hill opposite to the village. Clubs has enquired about the paper and it was found to be made thousands of years ago from trees found especially on that hill. This hill was the highest of all. They sat there and put on their thinking caps.

 

Clubs: I have brought the map you asked for.

Spade: Thanks.

Diamond: What kind of map?

Spade: Map of Solitaire.

Diamond: You still think that the sign is path to our destination.

Hearty (in a low pitched voice): He did correct.

Diamond: Oh! And why do you think so?

Hearty (pointing to the stars in the sky): See that guys.



Spade:  See the ground.

Diamond: Wow!

Hearty: It’s so lovely!

Spade: Hearty! See if the map denotes any such place.

Hearty: It’s a village on central hill.

Spade: We will set out tomorrow for there.

 

[The reflection of their starlight on ground made a word “Deck”. Deck was a very cool place in Solitaire, fully covered with snow and having broken buildings. It was a dead place with gravely silence.]

 

 

 

At around midnight a soft whistling sound was heard. Diamond went out to see what happened.

Diamond: Who’s there?

Meanwhile, Hearty came out to enquire what happened.

Hearty: What’s going on?

Diamond (directing his hang towards the forest): I heard some voice over there.

Hearty (scared): It may an animal.

Diamond: It was something else.

WHAT WAS THAT?

  

 

Next day everybody was preparing for going. But then arose a problem. Diamond was nowhere to be seen. His tent was vacant although his bags, food and all the materials were present. Where had he gone leaving his camp?

 

Spade: Where is Diamond?

Clubs He may have gone for morning walk or for some other work.

Spade: It is said that a poor man runs in the morning to earn his daily bread and the rich one to digest his daily bread. But it’s not the time for a walk, its 10:00 am.

Hearty: I may be…

Spade: What?

Hearty tells him the whole story of the last night.

Spade: You mean an animal has killed him.

Hearty: No, it was something else. I could feel that devilish thing. It can’t be an animal.

Spade: I think you are a little tired. Your love dreams are converting to horror.

Hearty: No. It’s not that.

Spade: Let’s not talk about it and go and search for him.

Hearty and Clubs you go towards the valley and I am going to forest. We will meet here at               noon.

[They disperse. Hearty and Clubs calls out “DIAMOND”…]

 

In the valley, the river was overflowing with the waters from glacier. While walking in the sand on its bank, Hearty: Diamond! Diamond!

Clubs: We should not shout much here. And be a little concerned, it’s a very dangerous place.

Soon Hearty slipped her leg.

Hearty (keeping her hand out of water): Help me, please.           

Clubs (scared): Hold on. I am pulling.

But then, a stone came and hit her head and she fell unconscious. Clubs hold loosened and she was flown away. There was a waterfall at some distance……

Clubs now needed to go down on the ground, but it was quite dangerous. It took her 20-25 min. to reach the ground. She now started searching for Hearty! It continued for next half hour, until she felt the need of Spade now.

She ran toward the camp.  But it was still around an hour left for noon. So she decided to search for Spade and ask him to help.

 

Clubs (in the forest): Spade! Spade!

Spade heard this sound and started running towards it.

He felt that she was somewhere near. He turned to a tree and then a BooooooooooooooooSH.

Leaves fell on the ground as if a rain of leaves.

 

He ran here and there and even called her name, but in vain. He was running towards camp when he fell in a deep pit. He fell unconscious.

When they all opened their eyes, they were away, far away but near, near to the DECK. They had forgotten how they felt unconscious and reached here.

 

Diamond was in a village on north of hill, Hearty in a village in south, Spade in east and Clubs in west. They all were in Churches, on the foot of Jesus Christ. The only good thing about the situation was that they were alive. Everybody knew that he or she was alive but they didn’t know if their friends were living. They didn’t have any clue of each other. They were now in a situation when can’t see the wood for the trees. They could not understand what is going on. But it was just a beginning……………

Magical Birds and their questionnaire

[Day 3]

When they became conscious they went to the Father of respective Churches.

SOUTH

Hearty: Where am I, Father?

Father: Near your destiny, my child. Have some food and restart you journey.

Hearty: How do you know I am on a journey?

Father: How do you know I am Father? Just because I am in Church and wore such clothes. You know I am a Father because God told you…….

Hearty: Do you know where my friends are?

[Father went inside a room and brought a parrot.]

Father: He will take you to your friends.

Hearty: If God want me to meet my beloved ones again, then why did he separate me from them?

Father: You will get the answer soon.

NORTH

Diamond: Where am I, Father?

Father: Near your destiny, my child. Have some food and restart you journey.

Diamond: But Father…

Father: Have some food. And then, go and meet your friends.

Diamond: Do you know where my friends are?

Father (Giving him a Phoenix): He will take you to them.

Diamond: Why God chose only us?

Father: You will get the answer soon.

 

 

EAST

Spade: Where am I, Father?

Father: Near your destiny, my child. Have some food and restart you journey.

Spade: What do you know about my journey Father?

Father (pointing towards a Dove): He will help you in your journey.

Spade: Why all this happening?

Father: You will get the answer soon.

 

 

WEST

Clubs: Where am I, Father?

Father: Near your destiny, my child. Have some food and restart you journey.

Clubs: Father, God is most powerful, then why he is using us for his work?

Father: You are not being used my Child. You are being given an opportunity, a reward.

Clubs: What would be the result of this journey? What is it meant for?

Father: You will get the answer soon.

 

Respective Fathers also gave them letters reading:

 



All the four birds had magical powers, they could speak. Each bird sat on the shoulders of respective children. They took them to the base of hill and then they made a deal.

Birds: If you want us to take you to your destination, you will have to answer our 5 questions. One relating wisdom, one relating values, one of knowledge, one for love. And the fifth would be an answer to your questions. Children agreed. But any of the children could not answer more than 2 questions. Everybody thought if his/her friends were with him/her, he/she would have been able to answer all questions.

 

Question.1: Why God made foolish people?

Spade: God didn’t do that. Someone has said People are not wrong, wrong are their habits. If we separate the both then, we can make him the good one. People get a little disturbed. God’s children can’t be wrong.

Question.2: Why a man should adopt values in life?

Diamond: Man make values and values make man.

Question.3: What is life?

Clubs: Life is what you make and think of it.

Question.4: What is true love?

Clubs: Love is itself truth. No love is false.

Question.5: Are you a complete person? Do you think you can get salvation? If God wanted you to meet your beloved ones again, then why did he separate you from them? Why all this happening? Why God chose only you? What would be the result of this journey? What is it meant for?


What next!

1. While travelling and answering to birds, all the children entered a palace through 4 opposite doors.

They all met each other. Soon they realized that their birds are going. All the birds entered in a cross made on the front of the palace. They followed their birds.


Spade: Is this the fusion?

Diamond: May be.

Clubs: May not.

Hearty (pointing to a letter on the ground in front of door): What’s that guys?

Spade: One more letter.

Spade opened the letter and it read:


Spade: What’s the day today?

Diamond: December 23.

Clubs: Not December 24.

Hearty: Not the Christmas Eve.

Spade: Means it was not the fusion.

Hearty: Then what this fusion mean.

Clubs: It is very cold and night has also covered the palace. Let’s sleep and think about it tomorrow.

Diamond: I also want to sleep. We have not got a good sleep from a long time.

 

Christmas Eve

[Early morning]

 

2.  Next day Father came to meet children. Every child was amazed to see Father there.


Children: Good morning Father! Happy Christmas Eve!

Father: Good morning and Happy Christmas Eve to you too.

Spade: I didn’t understand one thing. Why were we called Aces in the massages?

Father: You may not know. The Ace of Clubs is the symbol of KNOWLEDGE, the Ace of Spade is the symbol of WISDOM, the ace of Diamond is the symbol of VALUES and

All the children at one: And the Ace of Heart is the symbol of LOVE.

Father: I am proud of my children.

Clubs: We are not worth it Father. We could make the fusion happen. We don’t know what these 4 powers are.

Father (putting hand on their heads): Do you think so!

Children (at the same time): We, we are the powers.

Soon the rays of the sun enter from a broken glass after reflection from cross and faces of all the 4 children start glowing.

The four powers fuse in one another and the way to salvation was discovered. Only a complete man with values, love, wisdom and knowledge can get salvation.

 

3.

God don’t need wealth

he needs wisdom.

God don’t need values

he needs valuable people.

God don’t to be known among people

he wants his people to have knowledge.

God don’t need love

he needs lovers.


© 2011 Lively


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this was nice lively. it is so fitting since it is written as a children fantasy. i appreciate the uniqueness of style and plot, as well as the simplicity of expression and the use of pictorals, which make the entire piece more real.
nevertheless, this piece needs serious editing for grammar and construction. it stil needs to be worked on. then it would be much better.
good luck, anyway.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow! I think that you can really think about basing a novel upon this piece. But you need not delete this writing till you really, really need to.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I will very soon delete this writing and upload a novel on it.


Posted 12 Years Ago


took some time to read it all and found it very nice
"God don’t need love
he needs lovers."

really appreciated this ending,..

Posted 12 Years Ago


When i started reading this with the slightly odd grammar and style - i wondered whether it was an experimental piece. Turns out there is a plot line and it is a full story. It is quite an interesting story and you have some very unique ideas. This does, however, need a lot of editing and proof reading. I would suggest getting friends / family to go through it so you can reword sentences in order for it to make a little sense in parts that are a little confusing.

Other than that, I'd say it's still experimental, with use of visual imagery and concepts to make a point for a slow reveal to the end. It's definitely a unique style, but I think if you write more stories and read more stories - you'll be able to come back to this piece and see where you could improve it yourself.

It is one of those types of stories where only really you can see where the improvement needs to take place, and that never happens right away - so come back to this piece after more writing, but there is a lot of potential in a piece like this, especially as a children's piece or something like that. I hope you get what I mean here. :) Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting story. Lucie

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sorry! For i am repeating the book as a story. Actually, i am to take part in a writers cafe contest for children's fantasy where books are not allowed. For the writers who have not read my book can either read it as a story or book (both have same titles). Its my first attempt for a story. Your reviews will be very helpful for what i can add or delete from to to make it more interesting.
Thanks..
Good day!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

618 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 23, 2011
Last Updated on October 27, 2011

Author

Lively
Lively

India



About
I mostly remain confused about my own ideas and about life. more..

Writing
Mystical Message Mystical Message

A Chapter by Lively


Meaning of Sign Meaning of Sign

A Chapter by Lively